Chapter Four

I woke up and rolled onto my hard, warm pillow. Wait what? My eyes shot open to see a sleeping, shirtless Eli. I took this moment to really look at him.

His messy but still perfect hair laid on his tanned forehead, his eyes were surrounded by long dark eyelashes and his mouth was just slightly agape, allowing me to see his pearly white teeth. I traced my hand down his sharp jawline and felt the slight stubble which had formed.

His eyes fluttered open and for a couple of minutes we just stared at each other. His green eyes looked lighter than normal in the morning light. The gold flecks became more obvious.

Suddenly I was taken out of my trance as I heard footsteps on the stairs. Shit! If my brother comes in and sees this Eli will get beaten up. With all my strength I pushed a shocked Eli onto the floor.

"Just stay there and be quiet, my brother is coming, and he is very over protective. Just please be quiet for your sake." I hushed him and turned back to the door.

As predicted my brother came in without knocking.
"There is something called knocking you know right?"

"Shut up, squirt" he laughed "I just came to see if you were okay after everything that happened yesterday?"

His features softened and he was no longer a jock he was a concerned brother." I'm fine, honestly. Trust me. If Eli hadn't been there... anything could've happ-"

My brothers jaw tensed, he was still angry "Don't even say it!" He bared his teeth "That price of shit deserves to be fucked up so bad!"

"Nick, come on let's just forget about it... please"

"Okay but if you see his face again you tell me and I wil-"

"NICK!"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up"

He nodded and pulled me into another hug, before long my tears stained his shirt just like so many times before. My brother had always been there. When I needed a dad he was there. When I needed a best friend he was there. He was always there.

After he left I stayed still, completely forgetting about the shirtless bad body shoved beside my bed.

Eli let out a soft cough to remind me he was there.

"Hey princess can I ask you something?" He asked curiously.

"You just did" I said trying to lighten the situation. By this point Eli had gotten up and had his hands placed gently on my bare hips.

Bare hips!!! My shirt had ridden up over night showing my tanned stomach. I pulled it down and met his eyes. He perfect green eyes...

"Seriously, can I?" His eyes bore into mine. I nodded.

"Why is your brother so protective of you?" He looked almost nervous.

"I-I think you best that you leave" I backed away shaking my head "I'm sorry and thank you... you just need to go..." I looked down in shame.

"Prin-" I stopped him and pushed him lightly towards the window, he climbed through silently but I shut the curtains before he could say anymore.

***

It had been a couple days since the party and I had successfully avoided Eli. I just wasn't ready to tell him why Nick was so protective of me.

Before I could over think it anymore I put on some running shorts and headed to the local park. I never really liked sports but running was always a way for me to forget about things.

Music blasted through my headphones and I jogged down the path. That's when I ran into a wall, I looked ready to give this 'wall' a piece of my mind when I recognized Eli dressed in grey joggers and no top. Oh lord...

"Done checking me out?" he smirked

"Done using the same line cheesy lines?" I retorted

"Touché"

"Eli you got the ball yet" A tall blonde walked over to us. Also shirtless and showing of a well toned torso.

"Yeah I'll just be a second" Eli responded, he turned our attention back to me. "We're playing basketball you wanna join"

I nodded and realized he wasn't going to bring up the other day where I freaked out at him. We made our way over to the public court and Eli introduced me to his mates.

"This is Freddie" he said pointing to the blonde from earlier "and this is Harry, Ben, Jack and Louis" gesturing to a group of guys; each shirtless and well built. Is anyone out of shape here?

"Eddie's coming in a bit and we can start a new game with everyone" said Freddie

"Eddie?"I questioned

"Yeah he's my twin... my parents weren't very inventive" Freddie laughed and scratched the back of his neck.

"Nah I thinks it's pretty cool Freddie and Eddie, it works"

"Alright whatever you want to believe" I smiled at him and took a seat on the grass.

Just as Eli started to make his way over to join me I was attacked from behind.

"WHAT THE FUDGE-BALLS!!!" I screamed

"Calm down its just me" I heard Zack's voice

"You goof! Get off me" I shouted as I pushed his heavy body of me. If this was any other guy Nick, who was stood next to Eli, would have gone mental but he knew Zack was like a brother to me.

"I'm sorry but what did you just say?" Eli looked shocked.

"Umm get of me?" I responded confused.

"No-no before that... fudgeballs" they all started to laugh at me and my cheeks turned hot.

"Yeah my freaky little sister doesn't swear for some unknown reason, never has never will" Nick explained.

"Really?" Freddie said in disbelief

"So what are you guys doing here" I tried to change the subject

"Oh Eddie told us about the basketball match and we decided to join" Zach responded

I turned to who I assumed was Eddie and noticed he was identical to Freddie. "Hi I'm Alexa"

He waved and gave a shy smile.

"LETS GET THE GAMES STARTED!" Jack shouted and grabbed the ball out of Eli hands.

"You joining" Eli asked as he held a hand out to me.

"Let's give it ago" I said grabbing his outstretched hands.