22

**Kayla's POV**

I've decided that, besides loving Soda, being a mom is my favorite thing.

I wake up every morning and hang out with Grayson while Soda's at work, and we have the best time. Lately, I've been shopping for baby stuff for the new house, and decorating everything has been so much fun.

The gang has been alternating who has Aliyah since everyone wants a chance to have her. All of the expecting families, especially Lauren and Darry, fight over who gets to have her each night, and it's so nice to see people excited for their futures with their own kids.

Tonight, we're having a big dinner with everyone, even Bailey. Everyone's been so busy with life since Christmas that we've barely gotten a chance to hang out. The wedding was the last time we were together, but that doesn't really count seeing that once the bride and groom took off we kind of dispersed back to our own places. Dallas and Alex get back tonight, so even they'll be able to come to dinner.

In a few days, I'm going to officially start working at the DX. Since it's just me and Soda, I'll bring Grayson with me, and while I'm working with Soda, Johnny is going to work the front desk and help watch Grayson. This way, we can all make some money and not have to worry about a babysitter. Plus, Johnny keeps saying how he needs to practice for his own baby, who's only 6 months away from being born.

Before the dinner, I have to clean up the house a little bit, get Grayson ready, get myself ready, pick up Aliyah from Victoria and Johnny's new place, and pick up the Winston's from the airport. They've been gone for 2 weeks, and I'm sure they had the time of their lives. I've always wanted to go to Florida.

I head into the kitchen with Grayson on my hip and set him in his chair. He smiles at me while I clean up the kitchen and dining room. He babbles little things every now and again, and I swear we have separation anxiety from each other because if it gets to be too long that we're apart, he'll either start crying or I'll feel horrible and run back to get him. After about 45 minutes of cleaning, he starts crying, so I put away the cleaning supplies and pick him up out of his chair, heading for his bedroom.

I put him into a striped onesie, then pull little tiny jeans onto his legs and put socks and baby converse on last. We then go into Soda and I's room, where I sit him on the bed. He just sits there and looks around while I pull on a loose grey sweater and black jeans, then my own converse to match his. After running a brush through my hair, I grab both of our coats and put Grayson into his carseat. I start the engine and we head for Johnny and Victoria's.

When we get there, I grab Grayson and we walk through the apartment complex.  After getting lost a few times, I finally find the right door. But before I can knock, I hear yelling coming from inside. 

"I asked you to clean up the house while I was at work today!" I hear Johnny yell.

"So what, I'm just your slave!?" Victoria fires back.

"You know I can't do it, I work now!" Johnny says.

"Oh yeah? So just have your pregnant girlfriend who doesn't have a job do all of the work around here! Do you expect me to clean the whole house and watch that baby too!?"

I can't listen anymore, so I knock on the door. The yelling ceases and someone comes to the door.

"Hey Kayla! Are you here for Aliyah?" Johnny asks with a smile. Still overwhelmed from what I heard behind the door, I simply nod.