10

**Bailey's POV**

I guess I finally fell asleep because when I sit up, it's light outside. I'm not sure why I woke up until a twig breaks just outside the church.

I hear footsteps and whispers near what used to be the entrance, but I'm too fat to move in time. I'm wearing a tight tank top, so whoever it is will definitely know I'm pregnant.

And guess who it is?

Dallas Winston.

My heart stops beating.

He stops in his tracks when he sees me. A shocked look runs through his face. I smile and shyly wave.

"Hi!" I say and take off in his direction. He laughs and hugs me when I reach him.

"What are you doing here?" I ask casually.

Dally looks away and goes to sit on the bench where I was sleeping.

"Killed a greaser," Dally says quietly. "And that guy that kidnapped you girls."

"Dally, you get the electric chair for killing people!"

"I had too!" He says defensively. He takes a deep breath and turns away. It stays silent for a moment.

"Where have you been?" I ask him. He looks up at me, and his features seem different. He looks changed.

"I only planned to be gone a day or two, I swear. But then I saw that thing in the paper about you guys getting kidnapped, so I tracked down that son of a bitch. Turns out he was in some Oklahoma city jail because it was such a high offense. I got myself arrested and just planned to beat him, but the bastard's heart crapped out and he died a few days later. It held up my sentence a bit."

"How did you get out?" I question, but nod my head in understanding. It makes sense, especially as to why he'd be gone for so long and not let anyone know where he went.

"Some guy helped me with an escape route. He was too scared to try it himself, so I offered," he says with a chuckle. "I was desperate, Bailey. I needed to be back, and I needed her to know that I still wanted to be here for her."

"Her?"

"Alex," he says softly with a smile. Then his expression darkens. "I made it back here, but found her getting beat by some greaser in the streets just a few hundred yards from the Curtis house. I acted before I was able to think, and killed the greaser too."

"Jeez Dal," I reply, but don't really know what else to say.

"I've been hiding up here ever since," he explains. He turns and looks at me. "Are the police on my tail at all?"

"No, I'm not sure they ever even tried to find the killer," I say. "I haven't heard anything of it, at least."

"Good, that's good," he says, looking back at his hands. "Well, why are you up here?"

"Two-Bit found out I was pregnant and didn't take it very well," I reply.

"What do you mean?" he asks.

"He told me to get an abortion or get out."

"So you got out," he says with a smile.

"Pretty much," I say, adding a laugh.

"Damn, I'm sorry Bails, that's really not okay for him to do that to you."

"Ha, he did," I say sadly.

Dally pokes my stomach. "Well, I'm sure the gang will love whoever's in there."

"You're taking this a lot different than Two-Bit," I say thankfully.

"Well Bailey, he's a jerk." Dallas comes closer and sits by me, draping a friendly arm over my shoulder.

"I know how you feel. When Alex told me we were keeping the kids after Steve died, I got really scared. Then I came around and ended up killing a guy." He lets his head fall. "Men just get scared when they get put with more responsibility, that's all."

I lay my head down and close my eyes. I'm glad I have a friend in this situation.

_*_*_

**Victoria's POV**

My breathing rapidly picks up speed. I can't believe I was so stupid.

Johnny and I did it and forgot about protection.

And now, my period is two months late.

"Lauren!?" I yell loudly. "Come up here please!"

I hear Lauren run down the hallway and burst into the bathroom.

"Everything okay?" she asks me. I shake my head and start to cry.

"I don't know how I could have been so clueless," I almost whisper. She pulls me into a hug and rubs my back.

"What happened?" she asks.

"I-I think I'm pregnant," I state plainly. "But I don't want to be."

"Birth control?" Lauren suggests.

"It's too late, my period is late," I say softly.

"Oh wow, does Johnny know?" Lauren asks. I shake my head.

"What do I do?" I ask desperately.

"Well, how about you start by telling Johnny, and if he isn't ready, we'll put it up for adoption," Lauren says soothingly. I nod my head.

"Do you know how far along you are?" she asks. I take a deep breath in.

"I think only a month or so," I say with a sigh.

"Well, let's see if we can get you into the walk-in clinic to determine whether you're right or not," Lauren suggests. I nod and run to grab a jacket.

~*~

I'm not totally sure how to react to the news I just got.

I am pregnant, and I'm carrying a healthy little baby.

In fact, the doctor said I was extremely lucky not to have developed any kind of symptoms that would have indicated I was pregnant before.

Lauren and I thought it would be best to not tell Johnny quite yet. We agreed that he'd know before New Year's Day, but I would be the one to tell him.

I'm just still not sure I can do this.

here's the tea - i swear i'm not baby crazy! i want to do a part in the future where the kids are grown up and around the same age! therefore they gotta get preggo around the same time :)