II| "My gay best friend!"

Start from the beginning

"Sorry ma'am but he left a special message that he refuses to see you anymore," the women kindly says,

I met Romeo twice after that, both times I got to walk out with James, usually making conversation as he walked me out, once I even joined him on his break and we shared a Kit Kat. Love.

But I'm confused about how could Romeo not like me, I even shared my lame jokes with him to lighten the mood.

"What did one lawyer say to the other lawyer?" I asked, hoping he'd take a guess, instead he just stares at me blankly and shrugs, "we are both lawyers," I say while laughing. God, I'm so funny!

You know the best part of that was, James was standing near me, and when I was laughing I also heard another laugh, so I thought I finally cracked Romeo but instead, I had to turn around to find that James had also heard the joke...I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, we'll see.

I sigh, "Can I book an appointment with someone else?" I question, praying this time I actually get a good person...Remembering again that they're in prison for a reason.

"Erm, sure ma'am you can, I'll just need the detail of the person," I hear the sound of the keyboard typing in the background.

This time I use the same ID number only changing the last few numbers, the women types and speaks again, "Cayden Royce?"

Uhhhh

"Yes that's correct," I nod, I mean the name sounds delicious..."I'd like an appointment for tomorrow?"

We go through the same procedure again, and after a while I finally cut the phone and continue with my day, excited for tomorrow, while also telling myself what a dumb cookie I am.

I sat down on a corner seat, waiting for this so-called Cayden Royce, then I notice James watching me his face forms a frown and he starts walking towards me,

He stops in front of me and smiles, "Oh hey kitten, you're back, here to see your uncle again?"

Now that I think about it, this might have been a bad idea, what if he thinks I come from a very messed up family. My dads in the army but my uncles in prison for god knows what.

Wow...

"No actually this time-"

My attention gets directed towards the man approaching us while giving me a questionable look. He didn't look that bad, who am I kidding he looked good as cake, and cake was amazing. But sadly I had my eyes on someone else, maybe I can glance at him-no!

"Are you my visitor?" he asks raising one of his Perfect brows, okay his voice is heaven.

"Hello," the guy waves his hand in front of me, his hands-

"Cayden?" James looks at between Cayden and I, raising his brows in question, "you guys know each other?"

"O-oh yeah I am the visitor and yeah his-his my gay best friend!" I randomly blurt, Sorry Cayden! But I also don't want James to think I have someone else.

Cayden looks at me in shock, his gorgeous green eyes, looking a little murderous, but before he could open his mouth, I speak up, "Cayden, please do sit down I have so much to tell,"

James takes this as a hint to leave, "alright, I'll let you guys continue," after smiling at both of us, he walks away.

"Who the fvck are you?" Cayden asks, taking a seat in front of me,

"I am your father," I deepen my voice and answer, I think his literally shooting lasers at me, "Sorry, I'm Melody, you gotta help a girl out and be my wingman, the one before you did a shit job,"

He narrows his eyes and asks, "Romeo?" when I nod my head a ghostly smile appears on his face but before I could make anything of it, it's long gone, "you know most people go to clubs or social gathering to find a date, not a fucking prison,"

I huff, "Well I'm not like most people," my eyes looking around to spot James.

"Yeah, I can tell," I hear the guy mutter.

- Authors Note -

Hey guys! 💕

I hope you guys enjoyed the first two chapters, and hopefully will stick around.

Thank you guys for reading, comments or voting!!💕💕