F O R T Y - T H R E E

Elle

I furrow my eyebrows together, "What do you mean he left?" I ask Grayson once we get to my house. "He just told me that he was leaving New Jersey." He responds and I squeeze my eyes shut.

"This doesn't add up, why would he just leave all the sudden?" I say under my breath. Grayson shrugs and I stare at him. Jacob wouldn't just leave there has to be a reason. "I'll be back, I need to use the restroom." I tell Grayson.

I walk up to my bathroom and lock the door behind me. I pull out my phone and check the time, it was 10:26 pm. I call Jacob and hope he picks up, he couldn't have been asleep already right?

It sends me to voicemail after ringing for a while and I end the call, I decide to call him once more as I pace around the bathroom. It rings a couple times and then it goes silent. My breath gets caught in my throat.

"Hello?" I hear Jacob say in a raspy voice. He was sleeping. "Hey, sorry to call when you were sleeping, but what happened to you? What does Grayson mean you're leaving? Why are you leaving?" I ask all at once.

I hear him sigh over the phone and he speaks up, his voice deep and somewhat sexy. (Idk why tf I wrote that😂) "I'll come over and say goodbye before I leave, I promise." Before I can say anything else he hangs up and my jaw drops a little.

I blink away the tears forming in my eyes and I stuff my phone into my pocket and walk out of the bathroom and into my room. I open the window and take out the net thing (idk what they're called, don't attack me) I hurry move the frame from the wall and get the box that was hidden inside the wall.

I run my hands through my hair and hear footsteps coming upstairs. Not wanting to face Grayson like this I take the whole box with me after putting the frame back in it's rightful spot, hiding the hole in the wall. I climb out the window and climb up to my spot on the roof.

I open the box and pull out a cigarette from the pack of smokes and take out the lighter. I haven't smoked a cigarette in a while but I needed to get away, smoking always calmed me. I hold it up to my mouth and light the end, placing the lit cigarette in between my lips.

Before I can inhale the smoke, I am interrupted by Grayson taking the smoke out of my mouth and out of my hands. "What are you doing?" He asks after he places the cigarette in his mouth. I watch as he smokes my cigarette. "It's okay for you to smoke but not me?" I say, frustrated.

He hands me the rest of the cigarette and I thank him before taking it and smoking the rest. (Idk how to describe smoking🤦🏼‍♀️😂) I lean over the edge of the roof and throw the cigarette into the garbage can on the side of house we were on.

"Why did you do that?" Grayson asks as I lay down and look at the stars. "I needed to take my mind off of things, it calms me." I reply and he takes my hand, "Let's go back inside, it's been a long night. Plus, you should get some sleep." I nod and grab the box and go back through my window.

I place the box back in its rightful spot in the wall when Grayson wasn't looking. I change into a oversized shirt and some shorts and hug Grayson. "I better get going." He hugs back. I look up at him and shake my head, "No. Will you stay? Just for tonight." He looks around and then nods.

I smile and climb into bed, Grayson takes off his shirt and pants, leaving him in his boxers. I try not to stare, considering he is my ex that I still love. He smirks and climbs into the bed and throws the blanket over us. I cuddle into him and he kisses my forehead and I smile, closing my eyes and drifting off into a deep sleep.

But before I fell asleep I heard three words that made my heart melt, "I love you."

—-

I hear the doorbell going off and I groan as I slide out of Grayson's arms. I turn back to look at him, his mouth parted slightly, allowing little snores to escape. I smile and notice a weird feeling in my stomach. One I haven't felt in forever, the butterflies.

I head downstairs and open the door, revealing a sad Jacob. He doesn't have to say a word before I pull him into my arms and I feel my shoulder get wet. Was he crying? I pull away and he wipes his eyes. "I came to say goodbye, like I promised."

"Where are you going?" I ask shutting the door behind him and we go to sit on the couch. "Utah, I'll live with my aunt there." He nods his head slowly and I purse my lips together, "Why are you leaving?"

It goes silent and he looks down at his hands, "I can't tell you that." My eyebrows furrow in confusion, "Why not? You can tell me anything." He shakes his head, "I can't. It has something to do with Grayson."

"What about me?" I hear come from behind us and we both turn our heads to see Grayson standing there with his arms folded and his nose flared. "What did you tell Jacob to do? I have a feeling you told him to leave." I ask standing up.

"I did. But he was all over you, Elle and I didn't like it. You belong to me." He keeps his eyes on Jacob and I can tell Jacob was getting uncomfortable. "I'm not anyone's. I don't belong to you. I'm not some kind of toy, Grayson!" I tell at him.

"I think I know that, Elle." He yells back and I shake my head. "I will never forgive you. I should have known from the start that I would have been just the bad boys girl."

{A/N: HEY GUYS! I lied there is one more chapter, oops, comment what you thought 😄 I love y'all, STAY SMEXY😘}