T W E N T Y

Elle

Ethan sits down on the floor and holds his head in his hands. "I feel sick." He squeaks out and Alissa stares at Grayson.

Grayson peels his eyes away from mine and stares at Alissa. Now I see it, the way they look at each other. They did have something, did.

Alissa almost looks scared as Grayson approaches her and my hands start getting clammy. I can hear Grayson whisper something to Alissa and I hear her gulp.

"Grayson, I was just telling her the truth. She didn't deserve to be lied to." Alissa pushes Grayson away from her.

Grayson's breath hitches and he looks over at me and I just stare at him, completely lost in my own thoughts.

Ethan comes to sit by me and he comforts me as I stare off into space. Alissa and Grayson are lost in their own conversation or argument while me and Ethan sit on the bed.

"I'm sorry, Elle. I didn't even know this. They kept it from me too." Ethan whispers in my ear and my eyes become glossy. I feel the urge to cry but I can't. I shouldn't be crying.

Ethan pulls me into his arms and I start crying. Grayson is now yelling at Alissa. I wanted to get out of here before anything happened so I forced myself out of my thoughts.

"Alissa, lets go." I choke out and Grayson stops yelling. "No-" His voice cracks and I stop him by holding my hand up in front of him. "We need to go, now."

"Elle, I have so much to explain, I know, but that was so long ago." I stare at the floor and a tear escapes my eye and I look back up at Grayson. "Then you better explain it fast, before I change my mind."

Ethan grabs Alissa's hand and they walk out, leaving me and Grayson in his room alone. Grayson grabs my hand and I pull away from his. "Just explain." I say, still looking down at the floor.

"Look, I know this may seem confusing, but I just need you to listen to me, okay?" He says quietly and I just nod in response.

"I got paid to take care of something for someone, and so I did. But this person just kept coming back to me, paying me to kill people. And me being me, I needed money, cause at the time I was in a long distance relationship with someone and I wanted to fly out to them. So I did anything I could for money. When she found out i was killing people for the money, she broke up with me. To help with the pain I started smoking and drinking, and then I got with Vanessa. But now I have you."

"Who was paying you, Grayson?" I ask my eyes landed on his as I looked up from the floor. He runs his hand through his messy hair, "Vanessa."

Alissa

Me and Ethan walk out of the room so Grayson can explain everything to Elle. I lean against the door and listen to their conversation. 

"Who was paying you, Grayson?" I hear Elle ask and I cross my fingers hoping for it to be someone we didn't know. But then my heart sunk when I heard the name, "Vanessa."

She has been using Grayson the entire time, Grayson could get in trouble. Vanessa could use this against Grayson since she is pissed off he is with Elle.

Grayson could go to jail for so long, unless he gets bailed out. I look over at Ethan and he has the same expression as me. The door opens and me and Ethan scatter.

I hurry into the bathroom and flush the toilet so it makes it seem like I was using the bathroom. I walk out and Grayson and Elle and standing there hugging.

I roll my eyes, still not putting up with Grayson's good boy act. If he was telling the truth then why didn't he tell me when we were together in middle school?

It just didn't add up. Unless he was cheating on me when he was getting paid cause we were together almost throughout all of middle school.

Elle (3 weeks later)

Me and Grayson sorted everything out. Alissa is starting to get more comfortable with the idea of me being with him. Ethan is currently in Las Vegas with Layla.

They've been there for a week now and Grayson was missing his twin pretty bad. I would sometimes wake up in the middle of the night cause Grayson would mutter Ethan's name in his sleep.

Me and Grayson are back on the regular with robbing the candy shop. (I laugh everytime omg) We haven't gotten caught yet.

I can slowly but surely feel the old me coming back, even more. It scares me but also excites me. Grayson brings out this side of me that I haven't seen in forever and to be honest, I kinda liked it.

It felt good to do whatever the hell you wanted without getting caught. I just hope its all worth it in the end.

[A/N: HEY GUYS!!! Double update whoop whoop😂 Might be a triple update today so stay tuned. ;) Comment what you thought, as usual😄 I love y'all, STAY SMEXY😘]