T H I R T Y - S E V E N

Grayson

I start to feel happy, I enjoy all the moments in life that I've had. My head starts to jerk forward as I try to stay awake. I lean my head back against the wall to stop it from doing that.

My breathing gets slower and my heartbeat isn't as fast. Everything starts to get calmer. I was peaceful. I knew that there was no going back. I was going to die, and no one could stop me.

Then every peaceful thing becomes...not peaceful. I start to choke because of lack of oxegyn. I start foaming at the mouth and I fall onto the floor and reach out for a pair of feet that suddenly appeared.

My eyes are barely open but my ears are blessed when I hear her soothing voice. "You're okay."

Elle

"Breathe. Just breathe. Open your eyes. Come back. Its okay. Its over now. You're okay. Wake up. Please wake up. Don't do this to me." I repeat as my voice cracks and tears spill out of my eyes.

"I love you so fucking much. Come back." I whisper as he closes his eyes. My breath gets caught in my throat and I fumble with my phone and call 911.

---

Its been 2 days since Grayson has been in the hospital. He was alive but they had to keep him to make sure. I haven't gotten any sleep, I'm scared to lose him. Vanessa died, she committed suicide, her funeral would be next month.

I couldn't get out of bed, not even to see Grayson. I just couldn't do it, I was afraid. I still loved him, even after everything he did, I still loved him and I always will. I hear a knock on my bedroom door and I yell at them to go away.

The doorknob turns and I roll over on my side, facing away from the door. I feel my bed sink near my feet and I turn over and see Jacob looking down at the floor.
"I went to Vanessa's house the other day and found her suicide note hidden in her room. I thought you might want to read it. It has a lot of information." He says and pulls out a piece of paper from his pocket.

"Why would I want to read it? Vanessa was irrelevant to me, I'm barely fazed by her death, not even surprised." I say with attitude and Jacob sighs.

"Its a lot of things, an apology, information about a lot of things actually." He makes hand gestures. I snatch the paper out of his hand and skim through the neat writing.

I can feel Jacob's eyes on me, studying me. The note reads,

Dear everyone,

I know what you're thinking, why would someone like me, do something like this? Well, I didn't exactly know why either until Grayson got put in prison. I still love him, and I think I always will. No guy will ever compare. Elle, if you're reading this, I'm sorry for everything. Really, I truly am. Why did I do what i did? I don't know, I guess I was just jealous. You most likely bailed Grayson out if you are reading this. Now, time for the truth. Since I am not alive to tell in person, this is the only way. When Elle first moved, I knew she was going to be something big at school so I decided to stop that, I made a deal with Grayson, if he could make her fall for him, I would pay him $1000. He couldn't resist, he agreed and then soon enough, as I had assumed, they became a thing. But I could tell something was different, Grayson really did fall for her, he loved her, you could tell by the way he looked at her. He cared so much more about her than anyone else. Even me. Even Alissa. Maybe even Ethan. I got jealous and decided to get another new girl, but this time she would be on my team. Maddie is such a good little liar. No one would have even guessed it was her, and it was perfect because she was close friends with Elle. I had her spy on them, and she would take pictures, I wanted to ruin them because I wanted Grayson to myself so bad. When I went to the court I realized how much you two love each other and I realized that I couldn't ruin something so precious, so fragile. You guys were toxic for each other, you are each others good and bad influences, your perfect for each other. I couldn't be with Grayson because I knew he would never love me like he loves Elle. I searched Grayson's room for the money I gave him for being successful in our deal, even though he denied the money I still gave it to him. I then realized, once I had already handed Elle the money, that I just ruined their relationship, cause Grayson would have to tell her where he got the money. I then decided to go along with my choice of suicide. I'm so sorry for ruining their relationship, they were perfect for each other and I could see a future for them. But I ruined that, just like I do with everything else. I love everyone, thank you for everything. I couldn't have asked for a better life, I will be in heaven with my unborn child.

~Vanessa

My mouth hangs open, "She was-" "Yeah. Crazy? I know." Jacob says looking down at the floor. Vanessa was pregnant, I felt so bad now. Me and Grayson, Grayson was telling the truth. Even Vanessa could see he did fall for me.

I hand Jacob the note and kiss him on the cheek before climbing into some sweats and a hoodie and put on some slippers and rush out of my room.

I grab my mom's keys and my mom stops me, "Where are you going?" "To fix everything." I quickly say before I run out the door and get in my mom's car and drive to the hospital.

{A/N: HEY GUYS!!! Comment what you thought😄 I love y'all, STAY SMEXY 😘}