T H I R T E E N

Elle

"Grayson, come on. We are technically sluffing." I roll my eyes and try to push my way out again.

"I don't care. Just tell me." He whines and I sit on the toilet. "Fine, if you insist."

His eyes light up and I keep a straight face, still pissed off at him. "Do you do weed?" I ask.

His face instantly drops and his eyes go black. "How did you find out?" His jaw clenching and unclenching.

"Yeah, you kinda left some in my room the other day." I shrug as if it weren't that big of a deal. But it really was. I stand up.

"So? Its not a good reason to be pissed off at me." I sigh, "You're right. But a good reason is that, Alissa found it and thought I was the one doing weed. So now she isn't talking to me. And its your fault."

I put my finger on his chest and push him lightly. "And why are you even doing weed in the first place?" I get angrier.

"Its not that big of a deal." He looks behind me then back at me. "Not that big of a deal? Weed is weed, Grayson." My voice raises.

Grayson hushes me so people in the classes near us wouldn't hear. "Okay, tell me that you haven't done weed. Since you're making it such a big deal that I do."

"This isn't about me." I glare at him. "Bullshit. This wouldn't be a problem if you just let this shit go. So now tell me that you, Elle Christensen, have never done weed." He glares back.

My jaw clenches and my fists curl up into balls. "I can't." I look away and I feel Grayson staring at me intensely.

"Exactly. So you can't be mad at me for something you did as well." Grayson unlocks the bathroom stall door and walks out.

I stay in there for a minute then walk out acting as if nothing happened. I walk to class slowly, not wanting to walk in right after Grayson had.

---

The next day at school, I was sitting in art waiting for the bell to ring. I was playing on my phone when I heard a whistle.

I turned to face the door and saw Grayson signaling for me to go up to him. I sigh and stuff my phone in my back pocket and walk out the door before the bell rang.

"What?" I ask getting impatient as he was leaning against his locker. "I talked to Alissa for you. And she feels bad. Your welcome."

And with that Grayson walks to class as if nothing happened. I look down at the floor and then back up to be met with the principle.

"Uh, hello Mrs. Johnson." I stutter and put my hands behind my back. She glares at me, "May I ask why you are sitting in the halls, not in class?"

"I, uh, had to get something out of my locker." I smile reassuringly. She hands me a detention pass and then walks off. Her heels tapping against the hard floor.

I groan and look down at the detention pass. I roll my eyes and rip it up. I walk towards the nearest garbage can next to my art class and throw the scraps away.

I walk in and Jackson is presenting his drawing. The one with the eye and the hands behind it. I sit down in awe and stare at the incredible drawing.

"What were you feeling when you drew this?" I ask when he was finished cause I missed that part

He looks at me and smiles, "Trapped. Needed to escape from reality. And that's what art does for me." I clap and the rest of the class does the same.

It is silent except for a few whispers here and there. Then the teacher calls out my name, "Would you care to present your drawing?"

I nod and pull out my sketchpad. It was already on my picture and I hold it up for the class, clearing my throat.

"When I drew this, I felt so many emotions at once. They all just came racing to my head. It was impossible to feel just one all day yesterday." I look over at Grayson and he is busy talking to his friend.
I roll my eyes and continue talking, "So I drew a person and a 'cloud' surrounding them, more like consuming them." I look down and the teacher smile in satisfaction.

"Very creative

"Very creative. I haven't seen this one yet." I smile in satisfaction as well. The teacher claps and the class follows along. I sit back down and put my sketchpad away.

---

"Stop. You don't have to be. I would've done the exact same thing if I were you." I giggle and look over at Alissa who hasn't touched her food.

"I just feel really bad." She frowns and her eyes leave mine. I sigh in frustration. "Its fine, Alissa. Seriously."

"You sure?" She says getting up and throwing her untouched food away. "Yeah. 100%." I smile and follow her to put her tray away.

[A/N: HEY GUYSSS!!! Sorry for the short chapter, the next chapter will be longer. :) As usual comment what ya thought. 😄 I love y'all, STAY SMEXY 😘]