013.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
dramaaaa

scrapped metal creaked every step dart took

scrapped metal creaked every step dart took. the creaks didn't scare steve as much as it did amelia, however. steve walked alongside a car, twirling the bat in his hold and calling for the demo–dog. "come on, buddy." he whistled.

"i hate him." amelia scoffed to lucas.

"come on, buddy." steve called on dart again, whistling every so often. "come on. dinner time." amelia rolled her eyes as steve continued to call for dart. she was afraid the creature was going to take it as a mocking and just jump himself on steve.

"human tastes better than cat, i promise."

"can he like, not do that?" amelia asked rhetorically.

"he's insane." max mumbled to dustin. "he's awesome."

"he's stupid!" amelia told lucas. all the young boy did was nod his head exaggeratedly, agreeing with her even though he thought what steve was doing was badass.

"steve!" amelia ended up whisper–yelling from the roof of the bus.

"uh–huh?"

"can you get the fuck back inside?" steve continued his stealthy walk, a small smirk curling on his lips in the sweet way she asked, even with the curse word in it. "please?" she added.

he continued swaying the bat, clearing the fog up along his steps. amelia and lucas lifted their heads as they saw a dark figure approach steve through the leaving fog.

"yup! that's a demogorgon!" steve yelled as he held a tighter grip of the bat, noticing the slimy four–legged creature.

lucas moved his binoculars to the right a bit, and saw another demogorgon jump up to the car beside him. "he brought friends," he muttered to amelia. she watched him nod at the second demo–dog on the car.

"steve! watch out!" lucas called.

amelia heard a certain and small growling under her and lucas. she brought herself to the edge of the bus and saw as a third dog sneakily walked behind steve. they were circling him.

"oh my god." her shoulders shook uneasily as she felt goosebumps race down on her skin.

"a little busy here!" steve called back out to lucas.

amelia stood up on the bus' roof. she brought a long thick branch to her and turned it over to a shot gun.

"three o'clock! three o'clock!" lucas yelled repeatedly. amelia pointed the gun to the third spotted demo–dog that was making its behind steve. steve turned to look and saw it crawling up to him.