007.

CHAPTER SEVEN
high & dry

"amelia, you looked ridiculously hot last night!" tina chirped

"amelia, you looked ridiculously hot last night!" tina chirped. the cheerleading team walked down into the gym with their pom–poms. lia smiled weakly. "thanks," she threw her pom–poms on the bleachers and rubbed her eyes behind the sunglasses she stole again from steve's car in the morning.

the girl was still a bit hungover. after puking her heart out last night with steve, he drove her to the woods and dropped her off at her spot to walk home.

when amelia walked into the cabin to an actual tornado and a helpless hopper sitting on the floor, first thing she said was, "i'm shit–faced."

hopper lowly bellowed, "i know," as he was too tired from eleven to even care. amelia really didn't need to say anything since she looked like she drank and reeked of puke, alcohol, and cigarettes.

all hopper did was send her to the shower and then to her room. eleven was asleep by the time amelia was ready for bed. the teenager snuggled herself next to el and played with her brown curls before drifting off and then waking up to the worst headache in the world.

"this is why i won't punish you," hopper said as he took a sip for his coffee in the next morning. hungover amelia slumped herself in eleven's usual seat for breakfast and rubbed her right eye repeatedly, hoping to wake it up.

"because the hangover will teach you the lesson for me." amelia dropped her hand on the table and turned herself on the seat to fully face hopper. she nodded at him and asked, "why is this place a mess?"

the man briefly explained last night's mishap. about how he broke a compromise and eleven just went off. amelia snickered a bit before disappointedly shaking her head. "hops, the people looking for her aren't looking." she said. "all she wants to do is see her friends and mike, and she can do that without being seen."

hopper arched a brow at the teenager. he looked right into her soul, which made her jump up her chair and say that steve was probably already here to pick her up. hopper nodded cooly, "uh huh, yeah. and one more thing."

amelia stopped herself from walking out, poking her body out the door however. "no more parties for the rest of the year."

"hey," carol nudged amelia's shoulder, taking her thoughts away from this morning. the noirette slid up steve's glasses and rested them on her head. "i heard you and billy hargrove made out for a hot minute. spill."

amelia nervously laughed as she looked up to the court. the boys were playing basketball, and her eyes fell on her favorite player.

"was he a good kisser?" carol smirked. the rest of the girls tuned in as another queried, "did he use tongue?"