Research

Percy let her head drop to the table as she sighed. 

They had been in the Athena cabin for nearly three hours, grabbed every book about changing spells from the Hecate cabin. Between the four girls only one didn't have bleeding eyes. However, even Annabeth was losing hope. 

She even went over the ones Drew read, just to make sure, but nothing! And she knew she was losing Piper's and Percy's focus.  "Let's take a break. . . I guess." Annabeth glanced at Percy. Percy had her hair down, and they had all changed back into camp clothes. Percy refused to put on what Piper wanted again, so now she just wore a camp shirt and some borrowed jeans. Her black hair fell in pieces, the same messy mop that she had as a guy. 

"Wise Girl. . ." Percy said, not even making eye contact with Annabeth as she pleaded. Annabeth rubbed circles on Percy's back. Piper sighed as she slammed a book shut. 

"This sucks! Why did this even happen? Maybe if we figure that out first it will help find an answer?" Piper rubbed at her face with one hand and had the other one propping up her head. 

"I've been thinking that same thing but I can't find a reason." Annabeth basically growled. Her eyes turned to shards of ice as she continued, "I swear if a certain cow loving Goddess has anything to do with this. . ." She let the threat hang in the air. 

"It's not Hera's Style." Percy bit her lip as she sat up and crossed her arms. "Hera let's you know she's involved. She talked to Jason, made me carry her for gods sake. This passive aggressiveness isn't her." Percy twirled a bit of his hair, he did that even as a guy but now his hair was longer. 

Annabeth nodded, Percy had a point. "Aphrodite?" Piper raised an eyebrow like: if this was my mom I'll beat her up.

"No. She likes tragedy but nothing that would completely. . . make us. . . ya know." Percy couldn't even say the words break up. Annabeth got a sad look as she nodded. Piper bit her lip trying to think. 

"Artemis?" Piper just threw out there. 

"No. Artemis likes me. . . well she tolerates me at least." Percy smirked a bit, Annabeth knew that she was very proud of that achievement. "I can only think of Ares but he doesn't do this kind of magic, he does crappy curses that only effect me once." Her voice turned bitter at that point. 

"Ever consider it wasn't a god?" Piper asked softly. Percy got a hard look in her eyes, she had dealt with demigods vs demigods enough. 

"I don't like to admit it but that's where my mind went first." Percy didn't have trust issues but she had problems with people breaking her trust. Annabeth bit her lip, she had pushed the thought of traitors way out of her thought process. "But I don't want to go interrogate everyone, if they see me acting like that they'll get worried or even worse think I don't trust any of them, I've worked too hard to lose their trust over this."

Annabeth looked at Percy with new eyes. She forgot just how good he was at tactical thought sometimes. Piper just nodded, she hadn't known Percy as long but knew he was a goofball but great at this sort of thing. Drew just admired Percy's brain and thinking, she knew Percy was amazing at this but it had been a while since she had gotten to see it up close. 

"How about we take a break, do what lessons we have for the day left, then we can get back on this tomorrow. Hopefully by then we will have thought of something." Percy stood up and brushed her hair back from her face. "I have a lesson with the. . . Apollo cabin." Percy looked at her watch. "This should be interesting." Percy smirked and the other three girls let out small chuckles. "Hey girls, don't worry. I've gone this far, a gender switch spell isn't going to take me down." Percy hugged Piper and Drew before biting her lip at Annabeth. 

Annabeth felt the awkwardness radiating from Percy. So in answer she kissed Percy's cheek and hugged her. Percy smiled and hugged her back before leaving. 

"Percy. . . I just hope she's right." Piper sighed. "Bye Annababe, my cabin is doing Volleyball right now." Piper hugged Annabeth before leaving, Annabeth had scolded her on the nickname on her way out.

"I noticed you didn't talk much during this." Annabeth said before Drew could slip out of the door. "Want to say why you kept staring at Percy?" Those grey eyes didn't miss a thing. Drew just looked Annabeth up and down. 

"Percy as a chick is just as hot as Percy as a guy. Sue me for enjoying the view." Drew flipped her hair and walked out of Athena's cabin. Annabeth gritted her teeth, what was Drew up to?