Epilogue

It started with an argument.

Hearing Lydia say the things he didn't want to hear made him realise he needed to change.

It was that one night, that short amount of time. And this fiery girl.

It was followed by a crush.

Seeing her everyday, he began to admire her. Be began to see her the way no one else would.

It ended with love.

Not the kind of puppy love you see in those teenage movies, but the kind of love you rarely ever see. It was a deep seated love, and it was painful and glorious and everything in between.

It was blissful, and Stiles was thankful for everything that was standing in front of him at this moment.

His surroundings began to fade as he focused on the girl in front of him. The girl he never imagined he'd get. The girl he loved.

"Do you, Stiles Stilinski, take Lydia Martin to be your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to love, cherish, and care for her through her hardships and illnesses? Do you promise to keep her, in sickness or in health, for richer, for poorer, for better or for worse, in sadness and in joy? Do you promise to devote yourself to her for as long as you both shall live?"

It didn't take him long to answer, as he smiled down at her beautiful face, admiring all the small things about her. He noted the way she looked up through her eyelashes with tears of joy in her eyes. And his answer was final.

"I do." He smiled wide and squeezed her hand.

"Do you, Lydia Martin take Stiles Stilinski to be your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to love, cherish, and care for him through his hardships and illnesses? Do you promise to keep him, in sickness or in health, for richer, for poorer, for better or for worse, in sadness and in joy? Do you promise to devote yourself to him for as long as you both shall live?"

She smiled wide, allowing a tear to fall from her eyes. She felt nothing but pure joy at this moment, looking at the boy she would kill for, die for.

"I do." She nodded her head slightly, a smile growing on her mouth.

The vicar smiled proudly at the pair. "You may now kiss the bride."

Stiles leant forward and held Lydia's waist. He dipped her down, so her vail dropped off her head slightly and she caught it with a chuckle. This was their moment, and as they kissed, the crowd erupted into pure bliss. Her maid of honour, Allison was crying and clapping. Scott, the best man was also crying, and he didn't care who saw because he was so proud of his best friend for getting his girl and damn, he wished it had happened sooner.

Stiles picked Lydia up bridal stile and carried her down the aisle, the crowd following. Tears were shed and conversations were shared as they made their way to the reception.
——————
It was around 6pm, and time for speeches. It was the best mans turn first. They'd decided it was appropriate as Stiles said he wanted to save his until last.

Scott stood, clinking a fork against a glass to grab everyone's attention.

"Hey everybody," He began. "I'm not usually good at speeches, I always say something stupid or start to ramble, but tonight it feels different. You all probably know what Stiles was like in his high school years... it wasn't great." He grinned and the crowd laughed a little, Stiles smiling at his side. "But, when he met Lydia, it all changed for him. I remember the first time we all hung out together, and we went to a party. Stiles was so nervous that night, despite his bad boy persona." Stiles blushed a little, knowing what was coming and held Lydia's hand. "He kept asking if he should pretend he came down with the flu just because he was so nervous to see Lydia. He wanted it to be perfect, even though he still put up a front. Then came the time Lydia basically handed his ass to him on a silver platter. He rang me that night, and I knew he'd cried - sorry to embarrass you bro." Stiles chuckled a little and Lydia looked at him dumbfounded, but in love.

"And now, four years later, here we are. I guess this boy finally decided to grow up and I'm so glad he did. To the bride and groom!" Scott raised his glass and hugged his now step-brother.

Lydia looked at Stiles and smiled. She never knew. But if she had, god knows what she would've said.

Stiles stood up and began to speak.

"I have no idea how I'll ever live up to that one, Scotty," he grabbed his friends shoulder and smiled. "But there is one thing I do know - and it's that I am completely head over heels for Lydia Stilinski. I have been since the day I laid eyes on her in 3rd grade. I never did anything about it because I didn't think she felt the same. You see, the whole thing started when we were assigned a project together. We both hated the idea - but I secretly couldn't wait. I knew this would be my chance, and even though I fucked up multiple times - I'm glad I'm here today. Lydia Stilinski, you are the best thing to ever happen to me. I love you with all of my heart and one day, I can't wait to start a family with you. I know that my last cannot be forgotten, but when I'm with you, I feel like I've had you my whole life. I love you, Lydia. And I'm so glad you love me too." He finished and she stood and jumped into his arms.

Her long, silky white dress flowed behind her and Stiles swore she looked like a princess in that moment. "I love you, so much." Lydia said to him, barely a whisper. She was so overwhelmed. But in a good way - the kind of way where a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

It was time for their first dance as husband and wife, and the song "Can't Help Falling In Love" began to play. He head dropped to his chest and his hands fell on her waist lightly. The crowd watched in awe, and every single person knew they were just right for each other. They swayed to the music, Stiles humming to Lydia in a way that made her heart glow.

It was the perfect moment for them, and Lydia wanted to remember it forever. She thought about all of the things that they'd gone through - all of the things leading to this event. She smiled at the thought of Scott and Allison being there as a couple to support them, at the thought of starting a family with Stiles, and at the thought of her happiness. She thought about Jackson, and the love she thought she had with him and how it was nothing like the love she had with Stiles.

But the last thing she thought about before looking into his eyes and kissing him deeply, was the fact that she had him. She finally had him and she was finally happy. She was in love, and she never wanted to let him go. So she promised herself she wouldn't, because everyone knew that they were made for each other. Despite their differences.

But their differences didn't matter - because they were in love. They loved each other with every ounce of their being and swore never to let the other go.

And that's how it happened. The song ended and the crowd clapped, everyone coming on to dance. However in that moment, despite the crowded room, all they saw was each other, and really, that's all they needed.

Each other.

————————————
That's the end!! I'm so so grateful for everything and I hope you're happy with how it ended. Please leave comments on what you thought.
Thank you all for making my first work the success it has been, because to me it means the world!
I love you guys so much and thank you for the support. Make sure to check out my other story, Pack Texts.

-L