1 - A Strange Feeling

Lydia Martin was a geek. She only had a couple of friends; one being Allison Argent, the popular girl in school who knew just about anyone and everyone. Allison's boyfriend was Scott McCall and h was a tanned boy with dark brown hair. He often looked like a big puppy. Lydia occasionally hung around with Scott, but she never hung around with Scott's best friend, Stiles Stilinski. He was a player, a bad ass. After all, why would such a hot,popular guy want to hang around with the nerdy Lydia Martin?

Lydia thought Stiles was hot. She knew he would never fall for her, so she never spoke to him. She'd had a crush on him since the third grade, so she found it hard not to speak to him.

Lydia woke up to the sound of birds chirping in the cool October air. She looked at her clock. It read '6:30A.M.' Great, she thought. Up this early on a Friday morning. She swung her legs out of bed and stared at the floor for a few minutes, gathering her head. Lydia knew that School would start in a couple of hours, but she had to leave earlier so she could pick Allison up, so she thought she'd start getting ready as soon as possible. She grabbed a towel from her cabinet and got in the shower. The water was just the right temperature for her.

After about 20 minutes in the shower, Lydia dried her hair and put it in a simple braid. Loose strands of hair fell lightly on her face, but she didn't care because it looked quite 'cute'. She didn't wear any makeup, because she didn't need it. She wore a plain white skirt that came down to her knees, a pale pink T-shirt with a light blue cardigan and a pair of black flats. She never wore heels or anything too flashy, unlike Allison.

Just as Lydia was about to leave her house, her phone rang. It was an unknown number.

"Hello?" She answered. "Who's speaking?"

"Lydia! Hey! It's me, Scott."

"Scott, why are you ringing me? I didn't know you had my number." She said, trying not to sound awkward.

"I got it off Allison last night. Could you do me a favor?" He asked, sounding a little worried. What was going on? Lydia thought to herself.

"I need you to pick me up today. I know it's sudden and I know we don't hang out a lot but my bike's broken and Stiles is probably with some random girl. Whatever he's doing, girl or not, he isn't answering my phone." Scott asked, sounding completely innocent.

Scott's house was on the way to Allison's, so Lydia thought she'd pick Scott up, then get Allison.

"Yeah sure, it's on the way to Ally's anyway, so it's no trouble, I'll see you soon." She replied. With that, Lydia left the house and set off for Scott's.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Scott." Lydia said as Scott got in the passenger seat of her car. He gave her a smile and a nod.

Lydia felt awkward. She was never the one who got asked to be someone's ride, so she had no idea what to talk about with Scott in the car. She decided to just put some music on.

"Lydia, can I ask you a question?" Scott said, keeping his eyes glued to his hands.

"Sure..." Lydia said, her cheeks beginning to go slightly red.

"Do you think Stiles will ever get a serious girlfriend? He's like my brother, and even though he acts like he doesn't want a girlfriend, I know he really wants a girl who he can take on actual dates and stuff, you know?"

Lydia had no idea what to say. She thought of saying "Well, he's a player, but I've liked him since the third grade, so why don't I sweep him off his feet?" but she knew she couldn't say anything like that, so she replied like any normal person would.

"Well, maybe he isn't ready yet. Maybe he needs you to give him a jump start, like a 'go ahead' sign. It might seem crazy, but maybe you just need to find the right girl for him and introduce him to her. Maybe then he'll realize that life isn't just about tacky one-night stands and booze." She felt quite confident, because she, Lydia Martin, had just given one of the most popular people in Beacon Hills advice. She knew she wouldn't have this confidence for long though, so she quickly stopped smiling and returned her lost gaze to the road.

"That's a good idea, Lydia, but the hard part is finding the right girl." Scott looked at Lydia, a smirk on his face. Lydia flushed. Could Scott really be thinking she was the girl for the infamous Stiles Stilinski? She carried on driving until she picked Allison up. She couldn't believe her eyes... She was in a car with two of the most popular people in the school. Lydia Martin, kickin' it with the cool kids.

They arrived at the school and as soon as she pulled up, her heart dropped. He was there, staring at her.

Stiles Stilinski was staring at Lydia Martin.

And he was smiling.