12 - Popularity 101

It's not easy being popular. Then again, it's not easy bot being popular either. So, this is what makes Lydia and Stiles so alike - they both deal with "popularity" issues.

Stiles, being the captain of the lacrosse team, was throwing a party tonight. He had a few ideas of who was going to be there, but he had a plan, too. His plan was simple, yet very complex in ways that made his brain hurt.

It went like this;
1) throw the party.
2) get Lydia to help set up said party.
3) dance with Lydia at said party
4) people see Lydia and Stiles together
5) Lydia is then popular.

He wanted to help Lydia boost her confidence - since she's had such an unexplainable effect on him lately - making him question all his previous morals.

This seemed like the only way he could get her to agree, but little did he know, she'd do pretty much anything for him. He'd spent hours stressing about what could go wrong: would she want to dance? Would she even go to the party? What would he say if she did agree? It was all very complicated for him.

You see, in his mind she was such a bright star that lit up his whole world, and he didn't know if the star would explode when he touched it. And that was what he was afraid of.

/\/\/\/\/\/\•/\/\/\/\/\/\

School for Lydia went by extremely fast. She only had two classes, seeing as she had the best grades in the whole of Beacon Hills. She often took this to her advantage and laid back watching her favourite films, or, even worse, thinking about Stiles.

It was around 4:00pm when she got the text. And it sent blood rushing to her head.

Hey Lyds, I'm throwing a party tonight and need your help setting up. Come over to mine in half an hour?
-Stiles.

Admittedly, she was shocked, but she couldn't wait to see him. She replied with a slight hint of flirtation, but she didn't even realise.

Stilinski, is this a way of getting me to your house so you can paint me like one of your French girls? Just kidding, I'll be over in 30. Xx
-Lyds.

And yes, Stiles loved the Titanic.

To go to Stiles' house, Lydia decided to wear her black skinny jeans with a plain, army-green sweater. It was a little oversized, but it made her look cute. She wore her glasses because she couldn't be bothered with contacts, and she grabbed her phone and keys and made her way out to her Blue Toyota.

The ride to his house was full of contemplation, she already regretted agreeing. Tons of things could go wrong, but she didn't mind.

When she arrived, she received a text from Stiles telling her to just walk straight in, so she did just that. His house was warm and smelled like cinnamon, and Lydia could stay there forever.

Stiles called out to her from his bedroom, so she walked up the stairs, her heart beating faster than ever. I'm really going into his room. Oh god. She thought.

Stiles was lounging on his bed watching television, with no shirt on.

And it just so happened that he was watching her favourite show, The Walking Dead.

At this point in their friendship, things were still a little awkward - given their previous experiences - but Lydia just couldn't help herself. She threw off her shoes and put her bag on the floor next to them and just jumped into Stiles' bed. She snuggled under the blanket and watched the television.

To say Stiles was shocked would be an understatement. His eyes grew wide and his body grew stiff as he could feel her arms against his bare torso under the blanket. But damn, Lydia looked so cute with her glasses and her eyes fixed on the television. He would gladly throw everything from his past away if it meant he could stare at this girl all day long. And no, not in the creepy way.