A For Real Work Out

Start from the beginning

King Randolph interrupts her, clearly annoyed, "Main thing is you're going to learn self-defense skills for lack of time. There, that's what we wanted to tell you."

Thank you, King Randolph! While the queen talks in circles and isn't always straightforward, King Randolph is more of a 'get to the point' kind of guy. He is growing on me. Queen Chelsea, clearly not knowing really want to say, adjusts little details on her dress that don't really matter. She is speechless.

"Go to your rooms and your servants our waiting on you. Bethany will go to your rooms to pick you up once your done and she'll escort you both to the Defense Arena." King Randolph says with his rich deep voice.

Charlie and I rise from our chairs and we exit. I follow him, trying to remember every how I make it to my room. Man, I can't remember what turns I take...

"Having trouble remembering where everything is?" Charlie asked as of he read my mind.

I nod, "It's difficult."

Charlie gives me directions to my room and we part our ways. When I enter my room, I see Sasha waiting for me, "Hi, Arizona! Was your breakfast good?"

"Delicious," I say with a smile. I notice a set of black and white shorts and a pink T-shirt laying on a couch. Lying on the floor beside the couch are a pair of pink and black tennis shoes with matching socks. "Are those my clothes?"

"Yes, Arizona. Would you like me to help you get dressed?"

"No, I'm fine."

I slip the clothes onto my body and then Sasha gets to working on my hair. All she does is put it in a simple ponytail. I have makeup on but not much along with a hint of perfume.

I open the door to my room to find Bethany and Charlie, who has a tight T-shirt and black shorts on.

"Ready to go?" Bethany asks, perkily.

I nod, and Charlie takes my hand. We are guided up several flights of stairs, and into an elevator. Jeez, how many levels does this castle have? It's never ending! Then, the elevator dings and the doors open to reveal a really bright room. I have to shut my eyes and blink several times before I step out of the elevator with Charlie. I look around and we stand in a circular room with the walls nothing but windows. This must be another tower on the other side of the castle. Sunshine glimmers through the crystal windows, and there are mats in the middle of the room along with weights. There is a rope hanging from the roof, and the roof is high above our heads. King Randolph and a couple of guys and KC stand to the side. KC wears a black T-shirt and black shorts, so do the guys. One guy has blonde hair and the other has red.

"Arizona, welcome to the Defense Arena. Now, all these skills that you will learn will only-and I mean only-be used for self-defense. Pretty much every Royal has learned these skills, and it's your job to perfect these skills so you and Charles can pass them on to our next set of Royals. Charles will be teaching you the basics, but if you two need any help ask the pros," he gestures to the two guys and KC. "This is KC." He says as he gestures to KC. "This is Oliver and Robin." He gestures to the blonde then the red head.
"Enjoy." King Randolph enters the elevator and then he's gone.

"Okay," Charlie says with a grin, "Let's get started!"

We do simple stretches at first like touching our toes and pulling our arms over our heads. Charlie looks over at me, "Now, we are going to kick it up a notch, okay?"

I nod, "Okay."

"We are moving on to push-ups."

"Woah..."

"What? Too hard?"

"Uh, yea!" I say as if it was obvious.

He chuckles, "At least try."

We both lay on the mat stomach down, and I begin to do girl push-ups. Charlie looks at me like I'm nuts, "Not those. You call those push-ups? Girls can do so much better than that."

I think about that last sentence he said. 'Girls can do so much better than that.' That reminded me of the moment when Jasper convinced me to climb the playhouse and that little boy said that I couldn't do anything because I was a girl. Charlie is nothing like that. From that sentence, I can tell that Charlie looks up to girls. He respects them and thinks that they can do anything if they set their minds to it. That is a quality that every man should have, but sadly, not many have that.

Charlie shows me how my body should be while doing a push-up and how my arms should move, "When you go down, your arms should make a right angle, got it?"

I nodded and did a push-up, then a second one. By the third one, when I went down my arms started shaking. "C'mon! You can do it, Arizona!" He encourages. I do a struggled fourth push-up, and when I went down on the fifth I collapsed on the mat. Okay, this is tough already! Jeez, girl push-ups are way more simple.

"Did that ache?" He asks and I give a slight nod, "Good. That means it's working."

I groan, "I did five push-ups I think I'm done for the day."

He chuckles, "You're funny! Now, watch the pro."

I sit up, knowing my face is red from the energy I had to use for those few push-ups. Charlie gets in the push-up position and goes down and back up. Down and up.

Down. Up.

Down. Up.

Down. Up.

Man, how many push-ups can this boy do?! I see his muscles lifting and lowering his body, and he must be in really good shape. I count how many he does silently in my mind, and then he finally finishes. His forehead dotted with drops of sweat, and he is obviously out of breath.

"How many?" He asks, panting.

"Thirty one..."

He gives a weak laugh, "Just warming up."

The rest of daylight he teaches me how to throw a punch correctly and how to do different types of kicks. They were simple but I was sweating like there was no tomorrow. He helped me perfect all the moves with a little help from KC. Charlie told me that I need to work on my strength, but other than that, I have the basics down.

A/N: Again, thank you my amazing readers! I think in every author's note I'm going to have to thank you all. You have no idea how grateful I am. Also, please check out those books that I recommended last update. Thanks! Now, I have a question since I am curious: What has your favorite chapter been?