Birthday

Chapter 2- Birthday

I wake up to find empty soda cans scattered throughout my room and my LookingView off. Miles must've turned it off when I fell asleep last night. I get up out of bed and go in the bathroom. I take a hot shower. The water trickles down my skin, and feels very extravagant. Suddenly, the water turns ice cold. I yelp, shocked by how it went from steaming to chilly so quick. I finish up and get out. Wrapping a towel around my thin body.

I go into my room, and to my electronic closet. My closet is like a carousel, I control it with my LivingSquare. I control it by swiping which way I want it to turn. [I know that you must be thinking if I'm a lower-class citizen then why do I have a carousel closet? Over the years, England had become so rich that even the lowest of the low gets some riches just not as much as others]. I swipe clockwise, so it starts spinning that way. It's filled with sweatshirts, sweatpants, sneakers, T-Shirts, and lounging clothes. Then, I see a short yellow off-the-shoulder silky sundress. I choose that one and rub the silk in between my fingers. I decide since it is my birthday, maybe I'll dress up just a bit. I slip the dress onto my body and it fits just right. I notice there are some sparkly yellow flats by the dress, too. I pull those onto my dainty feet, and I stare at myself in the mirror. Perfect fit! I apply a little makeup: mascara, lip gloss, and some eyeshadow. I curl my hair a bit, and tie it up in a ponytail.

I walk over to my window beside my bed, and notice that it isn't rainy today. Good. That means it'll be a spectacular Spring day! I walk out of my room timidly to find Miles and Jasper sitting on the couch talking about sports.

I come up behind them, "Ello, boys!"

They both immediately look up at me, "Happy Birthday, Ari!"

I smile, "Thank you!"

"Well, Jasper and I have a special gift for you! And I see you found one of your presents! I'm shocked you're wearing it. I thought you'd want to pick something more comfortable as usual," Miles says.

"Decided to switch it up a bit, today. It's a lovely a day, and it's my birthday! Why not go a lil' more proper?" I say, laughing.

"Well your brother and my family have pitched in on buying something we thought you might enjoy," Jasper says excitedly.

They were about to get up when our doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Miles yelled, practically running to the door.

He opens it, and his green eyes light up as he sees Dylan. Dylan is his girlfriend. She is pure gorgeous! She has luscious brown hair and dazzling deep blue eyes. Lots of guys are jealous of Miles just because his girlfriend is Dylan.

She smiles wide at Miles, "Oh, Miles! Hey!" She kisses him on the cheek and looks at me, "Happy Birthday, Ari!"

"Thank you!"

"Oh my gosh! That dress! I have never seen you in a dress!" She says as she barges in, staring at me in amazement.

I laugh and roll my eyes at her and then Jasper speaks up, "I know, right? Arizona is beautiful in that dress."

I smile wider. Jasper has never called me beautiful before.

"Why thank you!" I say. I feel like I've said "thank you" a lot today.

Dylan sits on the couch and Miles goes and gets her a drink. They're college buddies, and they've been together for four years. I think it's so adorable. Dylan and I aren't really alike though. She's the girl all about style but she's still very polite, while I just slop something on and I'm not as social. Miles sits by her and hands her some soda pop.