Chapter Eleven//11

Get Ready! The Song For This Chapter Is 'Memory' by Barbra Streisand. Only play it when i mention it!

It was definitely hard to get back up the tunnels, especially with these noodle arms. The raven-haired boy had finally crawled through the suffocating tunnel and was in the hole. One that led down to the lava and up to the entrance of the underground. 

Noahs controlled his wing to disappear long before he began to crawl into the metal passageway, however he struggled in finding a way up. Using the same technique as before would most likely cause him to fall and burn. 

Noah studied the square channel and took in a shaky breath before placing his right hand on the wall in front of him, with his right leg following. Next, he poked his head to the side, feeling the hot air hit him hard. He placed his left limbs on the opposite wall and began to wriggle upwards. If anyone saw him, they would think he resembled a upside down spider.

Forcing his now sweating hands higher each time, Noah blinked multiple times before seeing an upcoming hole in right side of the wall. Smirking to himself he speeds his pace until it's finally at his reach. He pulls the trap door up, making a low screeching noise. 

Preparing himself, Noah swings to one side, entering the room where all devils slept. Luckily, it was working hours and no one was in sight. Unlike the ground above, it was day time down here. He kept a mental note to be watchful whenever he comes back. Stumbling to his bed in exhaustion, he hits the uncomfortable mattress, feeling the springs bouncing beneath. Noah finds himself staring at the room. It was a wide space surrounded with rusty metal walls, specked with dirt falling from the soil above. It filled fifty beds similar to his, covered with thin grey blankets and a hard pillow.

CUE SONG!

However, Noah hid the only picture he had of his family. It had been captured right before the tornado hit and somehow ended up in his hands. Before he had lost his parents, they had been at a wedding, his aunt's wedding. I remember the screams of all the children and the shouts from her almost to be husband. The last moment for true love had been taken away forever, leaving her to die in sorrow.

In the paper he held, his mother had been wearing a beautiful pink gown. If you looked at her, the first thing that would catch your eyes would be her ginger hair. Altogether, she looked like a strawberry, with her plump pink lips and big brown eyes. Her skin shone through her pale complexion. Her smile was toothy and showed real joy.

Noah brushed his thumb over her and turned towards his father. Unlike his mother's shining view, he had black hair, newly groomed and a full black and white tuxedo. He looked like a vampire from his slimness but he didn't have black eyes that say, 'I want to bite your neck', more of dark blue eyes saying, 'why am I even here'. Even though that's what he always looked like, in the picture he was gazing at his mother, and his eyes turned from being bored to loving. 

Noah let out a silent chuckle and finally gawked at his brother. Jason... He looked more like mother, and Noah like dad. The two siblings look nothing alike other than their similar personalities. Noah had been seven years old at the time of the disaster and Jason nine. Jason wore a black tuxedo, exactly like Noah's. His hair was blonde, but he had a natural streak of red on the right side of his head. His hair reached above his ear and was clearly a mess, even at such an event. Jason held the same evil grin, which after multiple times of making, influenced Noah as well. 

His brother's smirk made Noah snort, then he heard someone scoff behind him.

Authors Note

Going to posting much more after this! Sorry to leave it like that but don't worry the rest will be up soon. Congratulations to the Wattys of this year! It's a great honor and I hope one day I can reach there too. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and overall the book "Nedezda's Light"! Its my first ever published story on Wattpad since i'm new here and if you enjoyed it make sure to vote and comment. Just click on the star at the top and follow me for more.

Signing out,

Girlbehind1mask