Chapter One//1

!All Copyrights Reserved!

This is a piece original work. No form of access, copying or taking credit of this original story may be permitted without the authors permission. 

!Disclaimer!

These are my original characters. None of the context you will read below is stolen property from another book. "The Fine Line" is inspired by many fiction books that bring together this story and all its adventurous events

Make Sure To Vote On The Star If You Enjoy This Book

Jean was just getting used to an ordinary life.

Then again living like her wouldn't be something she calls ordinary.

Turning her head above to look at the bright night sky, the usual shimmer of the stars was just at her reach. She had just turned fifteen a couple of days ago, and little did she know, it would be her most remembered birthday.  

"Jean! Blow out the candles, mi amor," That was my mom.

Squishing me with all her might, her tanned arms wrapped around my shoulders, having to be on her toes to do so. She was slim and always landed lightly on her feet.

I turned towards my cake and saw my dad sitting at the other edge of the wooden table, holding a camera and snapping pictures each second, causing my eyes to hurt at the flash.

I giggled, "Papa."

He turned his face away from the camera and I looked into his familiar eyes, sort of because they were exactly like mine. A simple blue.

He sat up from his chair and circled the table standing next to my mom with a huge grin, hand in hand.

Comparing their heights would be like comparing a giraffe to a tiger, yet then I felt that they were more excited than I could ever be about my birthday.

I turned towards my simple strawberry cream cake and blew the candles, they clapped happily and showered me with hugs and kisses.

My mom turned and grabbed a box from behind her. I looked up at her in disbelief and slowly took the box, which was heavier than it looked.

The red wrapping paper fell off and I shook it trying to guess what it could be. I opened the box and couldn't hold in my gasp, instantly I took it out and felt it with my fingers.

Just from inspection, I knew it was made out of red oak wood, and there was a string attached to many different parts holding them both together.

My jaw dropped and I looked back up at my parents while they watched me with a smile.

"Y-you got me a bow!" I screamed in joy, I stared at the beautiful carved wooden weapon in front of me.

"We knew you always wanted one and todays a big day—" Papa said but I was already rushing to the door grabbing the metal arrows I made earlier before.

"Wait honey! We have something we need to tell you!"

Not thinking it would be important, I rushed to the horse stable and opened the gate saying, "Tal, you ready for a ride?"

I grabbed Tal's rein and walked to the field, with my bow around my shoulder. Jumping onto his saddle I stroked his golden mane and whistled, kicking my legs backwards.

I stared as my cottage left my view and entered the woods. I never found it as creepy as everyone described it.

Tal's hooves stomped on the dark grass and any creature smaller than him scattered away.