We all laughed at stories about places. "Have anyone of you seen a woman. Black/brown hair, brown eyes, about five feet tall. Her name is Emily Carter." A man said. I turned around and saw a frantic Jax carrying Emilia in his arms. She had a blanket over her to keep the night air off her.

"Mr. Jones what are you doing here?" I asked turning around.

"We need to go home. You've been gone for hours." He said.

"No....I just don't want to." I said. Nick turned around obviously hearing the conversation.

"Is there a problem Emily." He asked.

"No he was just leaving." I said and turned around.

"If I leave without you Emily you can say goodbye to her. I'm serious this time. You obviously don't want nothing to do with her and pushing us away. So what's your answer?" He said. I didn't answer. I didn't know what to say. "Okay than. You stay here. Have my place, I hope you love it here than with your friends and family." He said angry. He left and I just stared at the fire. I could feel the stares on me. Nick turned the music on and everybody took that as a cue to pretend everything was okay.

After an hour of sitting there watching everyone have a carefree life I grabbed myself some drink. Hoping to drown out everything but nothing could help me since my thoughts overpowered and body preventing me from getting drunk. I threw my cup away.

I walked slowly back to my expecting to see them there but he wasn't. My heart started to pound. He wasn't here. He's going back home. I grabbed my phone ready to call him but instantly put it back down. He was serious. He never wants to see me again. I called the airline and booked me a flight back home. It was a pricy seat but I didn't care. The only problem was I needed to be there at one but I have no car. It was only eleven. I got mostly everything packed by twelve. I was running late and got my things to the door. If I run now I can make it. I started walking and a car honked at me. It was Nick. I smiled.

"Could you give me a ride. I need to get to the airport before it is too late. I begged. He got out and grabbed my lugged for me. We got in and I looked at my phone for the first time. I got paragraphs from Bryson. He was yelling at me for doing this. Also concerned about my health. You got to love him.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"Yes, I love this place but I think I am needed somewhere else." I said, and he nodded. When we got to the airport I thanked him and gave him a hundred. He tried to give it back but I refused. I got my luggage and left. I ran and got my ticket. I ran to the area my flight was being called and put my luggage up. The door was being closed until she saw me. She smiled and I was let on. She helped me find my seat and I got buckled in. I was seated against a window.

Jax Pov....

I watched Emilia sleep in her bed and decided to leave her in peace. I can't believe she refused to come. I had a conversation with Bryson. He told me it was complicated. It's why they broke up. She has commitment issues and have problems trusting. Learning why her father left. I wanted to go back and fly there and try one more time but she wasn't coming. I made it to my room and kicked my bed.

I was breathing hard angry at her, myself, and everything that has happened. I got in bed and untied my tie and and unbutton my shirt. I slipped off my shoes and undid my belt and decided a hot shower would do.

Emily's Pov....

I was so uncomfortable waking up. Someone had their feet in my back and the lady next to me was slobbering all over herself. Luckily the plane landed and were told to prepare to get off. I held onto my purse and so she wouldn't drool anymore. When we were released I got my luggage and took off. I waved a taxi down but he said he was taken by another customer. I stood there 30 minutes thinking of what to do. Another taxi came and I started waving my arms crazily. He stopped and I thanked him. He helped me with my luggage and I told him to take me to Bryson's apartment. Of course I told him the address not who the place was for.

I tried getting comfortable in that chair but nothing was helping. My back was so sore and I was hungry! When we got there I gave him 150 for his service and got my luggage and left. I ran upstairs and got my key out and unlocked the door. It was six in the morning and I don't want to alarm them. I placed my luggage in my room.

"Whose there!" Bryson yelled.

"It's me Bry." I said and walked out my room with my keys. He engulfed me into a hug.

"Don't you ever do that! I was about to order a plane ticket you know! Look Em I know your scared. I know you don't know what to do but think of Emilia. She needs you. She needs a mother. That mother is you." He said.

"I know Bry. I'm so scared. I like him and I don't want to leave her. I don't think I can do it. I am acting like my father....I am a failure." I cried.

"No Em your not. This is just big steps. You will be fine. I'll be here for you, and Jones will be there too." He said and I nodded.

"I'm heading over there now, but first I need to go shopping." I said and said my goodbyes. I got in my car and went to the store and bought clothes, and a toy. I also went to pick up cupcakes. I went to get Jax and I gotcoffee and breakfast food. I just hope he doesn't turn me down. I went to his house and brought a few stuff to the door and got the spare key under the mat and went inside to the kitchen. Being in here brought back memories. I set up the kitchen and got the rest of the items out of the car. I heard him talking to her while walking down the stairs. I stood there waiting. He walked in and was shocked to see me. He frowned. He placed her in her high-chair and ignored me. I deserved that. He got her food ready, and brought it to her and started feeding her.

"Jax....I'm sorry." I said. He kept quiet and I bite my lip from crying. "Can we talk?" I asked.

"We did talk yesterday and you chose what you wanted. You want freedom, and to do nothing with your family. So go out and have that freedom." He said and finished feeding her. He got her out and left the room. I followed him.

"I was scared Jax....I'm still young and dealing with past stuff. That's no excuse I should have left with you. Seriously I sat by a lady slobbering and someone feet in my back. I'm in pain but it was worth it to beg for forgiveness. Please." I said. He got her cleaned and did her pamper and I waited there watching him. He placed her back in her bed with a small toy and she snuggled up. He dimmed the lights some and played nursery music and we left the room.

I waited for him to speak. "I bought breakfast and your favorite coffee." I said and we went to the kitchen.

"That was kind of you." He said and I sighed. We were getting somewhere. He sat down and opened his laptop and drunk his coffee. Not acknowledging my presence anymore. I grabbed my keys and left the room. I got outside and unlocked my car. When I realized he wasn't going to chase me I got in and took off. I drove to a empty park and sat there trying to calm down. Everything I do, I mess up. I ruin everything I had.

I'm all alone. I lost the guy I like and my own daughter. My life was meant for pain, and loneliness. My mom died, father left me, The nights I had to sleep over at Bryson's because of my moms abusive boyfriends. I had to fight so many demons in my life and no matter how many times I tried pushing Bryson away he always fought back. He's been there for me when my own mother wasn't. When she do drugs with her boyfriends, and forget I was gone. I missed her to death and still loved her and wanted to make her proud. To prove my worth, to show I could be something. Just like I wanted to make my own boss proud and happy by agreeing to have his child for him. I ended up ruining everything.

I looked for my phone needing to talk to Bryson. I couldn't find it and I knew I left it at Jax house. I brushed my hair back and cried. I felt so trapped and scared. I couldn't even control the amount of emotions overpowering me. I laid my seat back and laid there.