advice

{ in which lisa asks jennie for advice on how to ask her crush out - and jennie had to pretend everything was okay. }

"jennie," lisa mumbled, her head rested on the couch as she met her gaze with her best friend's.

"why are softballs hard?"

jennie scoffs in response and rolls her eyes, grumbling at how annoying lisa was being as she turned to face the other side of the room.

"jenjen."

"what now?"

"can blind people see their dreams?" lisa deadpans, and jennie was starting to question herself as to why she became lisa's friend in the first place.

( not like she regretted being lisa's friend anyway, she actually loved the idea of lisa clinging onto her arm everywhere they went. )

the brunette rolls her eyes once again and stood up from the couch, ready to leave lisa and her bullshit in the living room, but lisa wasn't about to let jennie walk away.

"jen," she grabbed onto jennie's wrist, and the latter lets out a really, really long sigh.

"lis if you don't shut your mouth right n-"

"help me, please?" lisa pouted, and jennie almost melted into a puddle of softness for the girl. she smacked her lips in defeat and sat right back on the couch, ready to listen to lisa's rambling for the whole night.

jennie expected lisa to rant her heart out for hours, cursing at some bitch who hurt her, but instead all she got was something she'd never wanted to hear at all.

"so there's this girl that i like and," lisa pauses for awhile and gulps, "can you teach me how to ask a girl out? i mean, you're really popular among the girls so i thought maybe you would know a few tips..."

lisa trailed off, seeing how red jennie's face had become.

"jen, are you okay?" she waved her hand across jennie's face, who was staring blankly at the floor.

jennie snaps out of her daze and looks at lisa, faking a smile as she nodded slightly. she clears her throat and caressed lisa's hand on her palm.

"basically," jennie managed to choke out, "you grab her hand like this and lock your gaze with hers."

lisa follows, looking straight into jennie's brown orbs, and jennie swore she could feel actual butterflies flapping around in her stomach.

"y-yeah, just like that." not like that, was what jennie was dying to say, she didn't want anyone else to fall for her lisa.

lisa chuckles, clearly excited to pull this routine off smugly in front of her crush.

"i think i'm really good at this." lisa smirks, "what's next?"

"say whatever lines you've prepared to ask her out, or you can do your cheesy shit, limario style." 

"am i supposed to do the, uhh, kiss after that?"

jennie looks away for awhile, looking towards the ceiling to stop the tears that were threatening to pour out. she turns back to face lisa, putting on yet another fake smile.

"you could if you want to, i mean, that's the best part."

the brunette could see the shine in lisa's eyes and the way her smile was wider than ever, and she would be lying if she said that seeing lisa happy would make her happy.

not now, not if lisa was smiling for a reason that was not jennie.

lisa jumps around the room like an excited toddler and wraps her arms around jennie to thank the girl. it wasn't long before lisa disappeared down the hallways and into her room, where jennie was sure she would be squealing and screaming internally for the whole night.

instead, she heard lisa calling her name for the eighth time that night, and jennie found herself standing at the foot of lisa's bed, her hands on lisa's waist and their lips crashed together.

"i know i wasn't supposed to kiss the girl first but, kim jendeuk, will you be mine?"

jennie smiles the brightest lisa had ever witnessed, and she smacks lisa's arm realising that she was tricked into one of lisa's little games.

"by the way," lisa leans in for another peck on jennie's plump lips. "i don't like the fact that you're really popular with girls."

"what's wrong with that?"

"i don't like people looking at what's mine."

[ a/n: this sucks i know, goodnight. ]