alternate universe

{ in your dreams, jennie kim. }

jennie cups lisa's cheeks in her warm palms, affection overflowing and love radiating.

jennie loves to rest her head against lisa's shoulder as they strolled in the park, occasionally throwing goofy, cheesy jokes at each other.

jennie feels safe when her fingers are intertwined tightly with lisa's, because she feels lisa's heartbeat in the tip of her fingers as rapid as hers, and jennie was never this sure that lisa loved her as much as she did.

jennie was sure that everything would be okay, as long as she was buried in her lover's embrace, the familiar scent filling her insides with comfort.

jennie loved everything about lisa, but all of that only happened in her alternate universe. 

in this world, lisa gives jennie the cold shoulder and shoots her death glares every single time they cross paths.

in this world, lisa constantly pushes jennie to the ground, spitting profanities at the poor girl who just wanted to be loved.

in this world, lisa was jennie's childhood friend who mysteriously changed after moving back from thailand.

jennie remembers the first day lisa stepped into this high school, because she never thought she'd ever see the blonde again in this life.

she wasn't hesitant to tackle lisa down in a big hug, but when her gaze met lisa's hard, cold ones, and when she realised lisa was desperately trying to wring the brunette off her arm, jennie started to inch away. 

"who the fuck are you?" lisa scoffs, disgust evident across her face as she ran a hand over her clothes and clicked her tongue.

"i-i'm," jennie stutters, unable to process the fact that her best friend of 7 years couldn't remember her. "jennie kim, don't you know me? i mean- we even shared the same shower in the past!"

lisa's eyes widened, and jennie's smile grew wider knowing lisa finally remembered her.

but that wasn't the case.

"excuse me, but i don't think i've done such dirty things with a supposed "childhood friend" of mine." lisa retorts, quoting the two words in the air and rolling her eyes.

"b-but-"

jennie was cut off when taller girl brushed past her, purposely bumping her shoulders harshly against jennie's small frame. 

the brunette stumbles back, but managed to regain her balance as she watched lisa disappear down the hallways.

...why is she like this?

•••

it has been two years since lisa reappeared in jennie's life, and the brunette hasn't ceased the constant pestering towards towards the very, very annoyed girl. 

but jennie is starting to give up, it wasn't like lisa was going to remember her anyways.

she lets go of the tiny hope that maybe one day, just one day, lisa would love her back.

jennie gives up.