16. So, are we Friends Now?

Start from the beginning

This is the actual reason that has made me over excited about Raj's visit here. All three men together. I must never undergo a loveless,lonely life with all of them together. Nivin and Raj are like a brother to me while Suddenly would be the only man that I might look in love.

My mind was reeling with various thoughts and emptions. I had so much of work left. I had to make a blueprint of villages that we must visit. Draft an email that I must send to all of my volunteers. Create a blogpost about our NGO's work schedule. Prepare street plays,dance dramas,speeches and duets. Start sketching dresses that we might need for play and other performances. A blueprints to educate kids. Our NGO is named as Skishit meaning educated. Our method of education is not.just restricted to the industrial style. Maculay the one who structured the current education system had once candidly stated that, "through such education system, the students actually become more of a foreigner to their own motherland. Their dress, taste and style becomes more English than Indian." Again it Is method to make Indians a slave to the English way. Maucalay had also stated,"A shelf full of selected British Literature is much better than those of native literature(  refering to Indian and other)."
If we go back and refer the history of Britain, then one might learn that such education system had been established only due to the Industrial Revolution. The graduates from such system were generally less literate who eventhough might have read only petty and useless novels. Earlier education meant to be civilized and be a master of reading the complex minds of human beings. Great writers like Shakespeare, Shelley, Keats and their wise words acted as a tool to educate people. Today the very act of learning the advancement of science and technology has left human beings awry of their own emotion. What we need is a right combination of learning literature and science. A man reeling in the world of literature is called a dreamer while a man dealing with science is often too practical for his own cause. Such world is of no help to the future generation.

If Indian history is taken into consideration then our ancestors learnt through the system of gurukul where they learnt all these set of 64 kala or skill.

An Indian kid definitely needs a connection with his roots. So we've designed our blueprints in such a way that we organise a camp where we teach literature, science, arts and crafts, music, dance, a glimpse into ayurveda and English medicine, plays and dramas based on mythology and history, theatre classes, story-telling and story writing, cookery and bakery classes and many more ways to encourage kids to learn and lease their passion at their early age. Generally we focus on under previlged kids who would be forced to forgo their dreams due to their financial conditions. Even children from better financial situation are welcome as this is a chance where they might learn about the difficulties other children of their age undergo and help them to not take their lives for granted.

This has always been not just mine but our entire teams dream to make it reach national level and make all schools to run in such way as ours. We are planning to draft a plan and syllabus to National Education Council.

For now we have particularly chosen under previlged kids because they would be able to understand this value far better than other kids. It has happened many times to me when I try teaching over or better previlged kids and they have flipped my advice to deaf ears. It was only during those times I understood how much children with less previlages are yearning for teachers like me. So till now we have have had like two summer camp styles, three winter and autumn camps and six-seven irregular camps. We reach breadth and stretch of Indian villages and even make small groups to give weekends visits to nearby villages.

Till now our NGO has got great response from people all over country and I just hope it continues so.

A slight push on my shoulder brought me back to reality. I was sitting in the passenger seat of Sid's car with my seat belt on and Sid driving the car. Slowly, reality dug into me when I realized that I have zoned out like I usually do and we were just returning from the dinner we had with Mega and Abhay.