My boyfriend. It was the only word that registered out of all she said.

There was a pang in my heart. “Boyfriend?” I asked before I could stop myself.

“Oh right, yes, boyfriend.” there was a spark in her eyes while saying the word boyfriend.

“You cheater, “ I tried to sound comical. “I am your boyfriend, how could you blatantly tell me about your other boyfriend?”

She laughed then went on telling me about her love life.

All I did was nod and teased her the entire time. Inside, it was tormenting me. I actually hope that in the end it would still be us but I guess she never really look at me that way.

I suddenly felt like drinking the pain away so I went to a nearby bar afterwards.

It is currently our break in the university. It usually lasts for two to three weeks so most of my closest friends and teammates went back to their hometown.

I did not because my parents won't be there anyway. They are on a business trip somewhere.

I went to the counter and ordered a bottle of beer.

What if I told you how I feel?

Will you be as happy as you are now?

Why not me?

I can make you happier, Sahit.

I didn't notice that I was speaking what was on my mind aloud.

Some people in the bar were giving me side glances. They might find me pathetic.

I shrugged it off.

I won't see you again,  anyway.

"Hey, " I heard a man from behind said.

I turned around to check who it was.

I leaned my elbow on the counter to keep myself steady.

My vision is a bit hazy because I already had a couple of drinks.

The bar was dimmed but I saw a guy behind me.

He was donning a black long sleeve polo but it was folded in three fourths.

He seemed a striking man just by looking at his built.

He gave off a mysterious and serious aura despite putting on a mischievous curve on his lips.

I stared at him and I was taken aback when he suddenly smiled.

His kind of smile could light up the entire room.

It was very pleasant.

Or maybe I was just hallucinating.

I shook my head.

"Wh-at? "

He raised the bottle of tequila in his hand. It was half full. "I can drink this bottle of tequila in one go, " he said enthusiastically.

I rolled my eyes. "Great, so what? "

"It is only one of the two talents I have, "

I smirked, so much for being pleasant. "Okay, " I wanted to get this over with so I smirk and ask. "Okay,  what is the other? "

I sipped a drink in my bottle of beer whilst waiting for his response.

His lips formed a mysterious smile again. He came closer,  close enough to feel the warmth of his breathing.

"I'm also great in bed, " he said huskily.

I swallowed the beer in my mouth hardly.

I almost choke.

The hairs on my nape stood.

What amazed me more was instead of disgust,  it arouses me.

~
We meet people we're supposed to when the time is right. 
-Alyson Noel
~