No Hassle Night

Magsimula sa umpisa

I tenderly tugged off his shirt, tossing it aside to go into the trash later. My eyes took in the bloody gash across his ribcage. It looked like it was done with a curved dagger, much like that of the guard’s I had dealt with earlier.

“How did you get so hurt?” I questioned, seeing the bruises blossoming across his porcelain skin.

A lazy smirk came across his lips. “I gave ‘em hell.”

I shook my head faintly, smiling despite myself. “I wouldn’t expect anything less.”

Once I helped him out of the rest of his clothes, and shot a few wary glances at some cuts and bruises, I got him into the hot water and shut the faucet off, sitting down on the ledge next to him.

The water grew murky with old blood after a few moments and I wetted a washcloth with a bar of mint soap, and began gently washing him off, being particularly careful of his wounds.

After a few moments he reached over and I paused, unable to guess what he was doing until he pulled my hair out of its holder, and the velvety red locks tumbled past my shoulders in loose curls.

I watched him as he looked at my new hair and finally a soft smile came over his face. “It’s pretty,”

I smiled back, continuing what I was doing before. “Thanks,”

“What made you go for red?”

My eyes focused on what my hands were doing, washing off his chest. “…It’s my natural color.”

“It does…suit you in a way the black didn’t. It’s going to take some getting used to though.”

“Yeah,” I smiled somewhat, ringing the distilled crimson water from my cloth.

“Arabelle?”

I glanced up at him.

“I can do this myself, you know. I mean…you don’t have to care of me. Surely there’s something else you need to be doing.”

I looked into the depths of his jewel-like eyes. “This is what I need to be doing. I want to take care of you. Besides, Drake has everything handled.” I went back to cautiously cleaning off the gash upon his ribs. It was deeper than I expected, but it was beginning to heal it seemed, though it was still slowly seeping out a thin trail of blood into the tub water.

“He’s really been stepping into the role of your assistant, huh?” Corey quipped, grabbing the bar of soap and lathering his hands so he could wash off his face.

The suds smelled of fresh mint and a hint of vanilla – somehow the scent suited him nicely, it reminded of his smell. The smell of his blood.

“Yeah, actually. He’s been great.” I affirmed.