The other boys were also snickering. My eyes caught Louis' and he was probably laughing because I was turning into a huge red tomato. I so hated them at this point.

I crossed my arms and said, "Not good." As I slouched into my seat. Now who's the boss?

"Oooohhh." The boys said as they were looking at Louis.

Louis had a face of disbelief as he said, "You know she's lying. I am Louis Tomlinson, the best kisser around!" He joked.

"Who said that? Harry?" I retorted. 

"Ooooooohhhh" All the boys said again with bits of snickers attached to it. 

Harry rose from his seat. "Hey, how did I get dragged into this?" 

Paul then spoke again. "Sit down lad, we're not yet done." Then Paul faced me. "Well Effy, I was just discussing with the boys on their guesting at the Today Show in New York tomorrow. It was urgent and we couldn't turn it down."

I think I froze. "Wait, you're already leaving?" I said looking at Paul. At the corner of my eye I saw Louis rising from his seat. 

"It's just for a day deary. We will go straight back here after their interview." Paul answered back with a smile.

Why did I feel this way? It's just for a day, right? Why couldn't I bear the feeling that he would be gone for a day? I guess I've really fallen in deep. 

I felt Louis' hand grab my shoulder. I turned around and faced him. He had a warm smile on his face. "Let's go for a walk?" 

-----

Once we were outside, the cool wind pierced through my bare shoulders. Damn, I should have taken my hoodie with me. Louis suddenly pulled of his sweater and started putting it on me. "Don't protest." He said even before I started protesting. 

His sweater was warm. "Damn, you look good in all my clothes." He said smiling.

I giggled and reached up to give him a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks."

As we were walking down the street he grabbed my hand, and intertwined his in mine. I could get used to this.

"So, you're leaving tomorrow huh?" I said.

"Yeah, but like what Paul said, we'll take the first flight back here after the interview." He answered back. 

I nodded my head. Ugh, I just couldn't get this feeling out of my chest. "But why does it feel like --" 

"-- one day without you feels like forever?" He continued for me. Wow, did he just feel the same way? 

"Yeah, I feel the same way." He said with sad eyes. Now we could read each other's minds. 

He sighed a little before saying, "I want to be with you all the time." 

I shook my head before saying. "But you can't Louis. You are Louis from One Direction. You tour all around the world. I can't always tag along, and you can't always stay here with me." I said.

He stopped walking which caused me to stop walking as well. He cupped my chin so it would face his face. "Yes, I am Louis from One Direction. I do tour around the world. But remember what I said during firefly night. No matter what time, I will always come back for you. Always, Effy."

As I heard what he said, I was looking straight into his eyes. And you know what I saw? Sincerity. I knew he was telling the truth. I trust him. 

"Promise?" I asked him.

He nodded his head. "I promise." He smiled.

We then started to walk again. I sighed. "Tomorrow will be a lonely night .." 

He then replied. "Maybe not." Psh, I doubt it. 

-----------

I woke up early in the morning getting ready for my last day of school aka FINALS. Damn, I haven't studied at all! I mean, how could I study in a deserted island? I got ready and went down stairs. There I saw the boys eating breakfast. 

"What time are you guys going to go out?" I asked them. 

"Our flight leaves at 12 pm." Zayn answered. 

I then gave them all hugs and wished them good luck on their interview. 

"Good luck on your finals, sucker." Harry said as he hugged me back. 

And finally it was Louis. I kept telling myself it was just one day without him, but why does it still sting thinking about him going to New York. 

"Now don't cry love, that would be embarrassing." He said teasing me.

"Oh shut up." I said as I hugged him tightly. He hugged me back, even tighter. 

"I'll miss you." He whispered in my ear.

"I'll miss you more." I whispered back.

I heard him chuckle a bit before replying, "I doubt that."

After letting go our hug, I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. 

"BOO YAH!!" Zayn suddenly said then high fived Harry. 

"That wasn't even a swiss!!" Louis said to them. 

I rolled my eyes and made my way to the door. Before exiting I said, "Have fun guys, don't miss me too much." 

---------

Final exams went better than I expected. But, I'm sure I won't be getting A's on my tests. It was kind of dragging on my way home knowing that the boys weren't there.

As I got back home I heated some left over pasta for dinner. I then flopped down the couch waiting for it to get ready. I then noticed an empty plastic bag with Joe's Hardware Store label printed on it. My mom going to a hardware store? That's new. 

After eating the pasta, it was time for bed. I made my way up stairs to my room. As I entered my room, I did not need to turn on the lights. I dropped my bag and everything else I was holding on the floor. 

My room was illuminated by Christmas lights hanging on the ceiling, on my head board and on my window railings. And it wasn't just some ordinary Christmas lights, it was shaped into fireflies. 

It was beautiful, especially seeing it in the dark, glowing. I walked deeper into my room and saw that my study lamp was turned on. Under it was a gold piece of paper. I took it and read it :

You say they only come back once a year, but now they will always be here to put you to sleep. Now, they will never leave you, just like me. Have a good night's sleep. I'll be back when you wake up.  xx Louis. 

Louis did this for me? I felt my heart glowing with so much happiness. I didn't even bother to change clothes. I laid on my bed and stared at my firefly covered ceiling. I just then had the most cheeziest and silliest thought that popped up in my head. It just came because I see these fireflies lighting up my ceiling: Oh Louis, you do light up my world like nobody else.