Chapter 5

Izuku lay quietly, dozens of wires and tubes connecting to him like he was some kind of robot. His whole body was bandaged, except his eyes, making him look like a mummy. The nurses skipped the hospital top, in order to not affect the bandages. He sure was in a terrible state. Pads were attached to his body to a heart monitor. His heart was beating slowly, slower than average. He's in a critical state. It wouldn't be a surprise if he'd just died before the hero on patrol had spotted him. Well, it was a miracle for him to be laying there right now.

"Excuse me, can Midoriya Izuku have visitors? " a voice sounded from outside. It was Izuku's mother, signalling to a nurse.

"Yes, he can, but be careful with him. "

"Thank you! " she quickly pushed open the door to see Izuku laying on the bed, motionless, the soft beeping of the heart monitor intruding her ears. Tears flowed out of her eyes as she rushed over and kneeled beside Izuku. She took note of Izuku's shoulder-length long hair, with white streaks among his green-black hair.

"Oh... Izuku, my baby... What has happened to you the past five months? I'm sorry... It's all my fault... Izuku... " she took hold of Izuku's right hand gently, the tubes and wires connected to him being tugged slightly. Inko turned her head upon hearing a soft knock on the door. The door moved open, revealing Uraraka, Bakugou, Todoroki and Iida at the front and the rest of the class at the back.

"Excuse me, madam... We're here to see Midoriya-kun" Iida spoke politely, taking steps inside to see Izuku covered in thick bandages all over his body. His eyes softened as he took in the sight. Uraraka ran forward, to beside Inko.

"Are you okay? Can you stand? " Uraraka put her hands on Inko's shoulders and helped her up. The students of 1A had nothing to say, they could only look at Izuku silently, some shedding a tear, some expressionless.

"Hey, Deku! For how long are you going to stay there?! Get up already, dammit! " Bakugou shouted, clenching his fists, quietly holding in his tears.

A man with a white suit walked in, shocked by the number of visitors there was.

"Um... Excuse me... Midoriya Izuku-kun can't take this much visitors now, I would ask you to leave... "

"Doctor! How's my son? Is he okay? " Inko quickly walked forward at the sight of the man, pleading for answers.

"He's in a critical condition... We can only observe him now, but I can say... He won't be waking up soon... " the doctor answer regretfully, not daring to look at Inko's eyes.

"C-can't Recovery Girl do anything? " Uraraka piped up.

"She can't... If she does anything, Midoriya Izuku-kun will die. As everyone knows, her whaling abilities depend on the receiver's stamina... Midoriya Izuku-kun's body is very weak, his heart rate is also weakening. Should he receive any treatment from Recovery Girl, he won't survive it. "

The room was filled with soft gasps as the doctor finished his speech.

"Now, will everyone here leave? I will be performing a checkup on the patient. " Everyone nodded, trudging out of the room, while Inko left a note on the bedside table, picked up her bag and left, tears still falling out of her eyes.

The doctor looked at Izuku, and muttered softly "poor child... "

Outside the room was All Might, peering inside and listening to the news.