[CLOSED] Challenge #10 - #HistFicZFic

Welcome to #HistFicZFic, a collaboration between the WattZombie & HistoricalFiction profiles.

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to make use of one of the following historical events to write a short story no more than 5,000 words in length. The twist, of course, is that at some point during the event you select, you must write of the outbreak of a zombie virus.

 - The Viking expansion into North America at L'Anse aux Meadows, 1000.

 - The Battle of Hastings, 1066.

 - The European 'discovery' of New Zealand by Abel Tasman, 1642.

 - Isle of Wight Music Festival, 1970.

A selection of alternate historical events to be used as prompts can be found here on the HistoricalFiction profile.

Important Notes

Don't forget to read and support your fellow authors! Spread the Z-love!

Your story must be suitable for everyone (not mature) and a new story, not one you have previously written. It can be a new part of an existing collection.

Only submissions written in English will be judged as we do not currently have other language capabilities.

The closing date for this challenge is Wednesday, January 31st. Entries submitted after this date will not be eligible for judging.

Entries exceeding 5000 words in length will be disqualified.

Submit your entry via this form.

Feel free to post the link to your story in the comments' section below.

Tag your story #HistFicZFic and make it easier for your fellow competitors to find and read your stuff!

As is the case with all of our contests, the winning entry will be read aloud by a member of the WattZombie team and the audio file will be uploaded to the WattZombie YouTube channel, and the author of the winning entry will be given the chance to have their story feature in our Winning Entries: WattZombie Contest Winners anthology.