Chapter 19

A/n: Hi guys! I'm so so sorry for the lack of updates (honestly I say this wayyy too often). Anyways, I'm going to skip the excuses, most of which you've already heard. I hope you guys enjoy the chapter and don't forget to comment and vote! Happy Reading :)

Christmas is usually a time to be around family and the people you love. It's a time of thanks, and wellbeing. It's a time for fun.

Yet here I was on Christmas Day feeling sorry for myself.

I'd always loved Christmas. The lights, the presents, the food. Now don't get me started on the food. Grandma Molly always cooked the best food, I was drooling just thinking about it. It was the one time a year when I was able to see all of my cousins and I do mean all of them. For once, we we're all together having fun.

The thing was that I couldn't stop thinking about what I had said. The things that Scorpius had said. Singlehandedly I managed to ruin the best thing in my life: my friendship with Scorpius.

The entire night I tossed and turned, unable to sleep with all the thoughts going through my mind. Why had I said it? Why had I been so stubborn?

That morning I was awoken by Emma and Alice who had slept over at my house for Christmas. I turned back over, ignoring their persistent shaking.

"Come on, it's Christmas!" Emma screeched at me once they had managed to make me open my eyes.

Alice took one look at me and frowned. "What's wrong?" She asked, knowingly.

"Hmm? Nothing" I said distractedly. "I'm fine."

Alice let it go but she could tell that I wasn't okay no matter how much I insisted I was. It wasn't like me to not care about Christmas. Especially considering it was my favorite holiday.

We went downstairs where my dad was already preparing breakfast. The heavenly smell of bacon and eggs wafted through the air and filled the house with it. Usually the smell of bacon would make me smile, but I just wasn't feeling it.

"Merry Christmas." My dad said, as he saw Alice, Emma, and me walk down the stairs. "Anyone fancy any bacon?"

Of course everyone said yes, so he went around serving us breakfast.

"Morning. I reckon there's some presents for all of you down in the tree." My mum said, stifling a yawn.

We went to the tree to unwrap presents. There were parcels and presents from various people, their iridescent colors gleaming, but despite how beautiful they looked I wasn't really in the mood to open them. soon the entire floor was covered in wrapping paper. Nonetheless, we gathered around as each of us took turns opening them, and soon the entire floor was corvettes in wrapping paper.

I got a book from my mum about the importance of O.W.L. Year (typical mum), some chocolate frogs from Hugo, earrings from Alice,  makeup from Emma, and a joke book from Albus.

There was only one gift left under the tree. It was small, and covered in red wrapping paper with a white ribbon, that came to an end into a bow.

Alice glanced at it, pausing before she spoke, "Oh, this gift is from Scorpius." Alice said, handing me the gift.

I paused, uncertain of whether I should open it.  I didn't deserve a gift, not after everything I had said to him and everything I had done. Just looking at the small box that was so carefully wrapped, made me feel queasy.