32 ; weighing in

32 WEIGHING IN

(a/n: to those who read the previous chapter the day I published it, I added some more to it. I mean you don't have to read it if you've watched the show bc you know what happens but Elise does some badass stuff so if u wanna...)

"Is that everyone?" Elise asked, peeking out from underneath the hood of her jacket. Isaac nodded, prompting Elise to remove the hood. The brunette cleared her throat uncomfortably as Isaac and the McCall siblings fell into an uncomfortable silence Elise wasn't quite sure what it was, but it felt to her as if even the air in the room was off.

This wasn't the normal kind of "off", though. Jackson Whittemore was dead. That would leave a mark in any normal circumstance. This was different. It was as if the grief and shock of every kid who had just lost their friend and teammate was weighing in on her. And of course, to top it all off, Stiles was currently missing.

"So, what are we going to-" Elise's question was cut off as Scott ripped the door off of Stiles' locker.

"We," Scott paused, handing Isaac a pair of shoes from Stiles' locker while he grabbed a shirt for himself, "are going to find Stiles."

"What about me?" Elise asked. "I'm not just going to sit here and do nothing." Elise knew that Scott was still on edge about her being involved in anything that might trigger her abilities, seeing as she nearly died the previous time something had happened. Still, she refused to sit back while someone she cared about was in trouble.

"Guys, I hate to interrupt..." Isaac said, drawing the McCall siblings' attention. He gestured toward the doorway to the locker room, where two familiar figures were strolling in. The first was Derek and the second...

"What the hell?" Elise muttered as Peter Hale entered the room. "Didn't you die?" All she received in response was a devilish smirk from the man.

"We need to talk," Derek said.

"What the hell is this?" Scott gasped, gesturing to Peter.

"Funny," Derek scoffed. "That's exactly what I thought when I saw you talking with Gerard."

Elise took a step in front of her brother. If she'd learned anything in the past few months, it was that Derek and Scott's arguments usually ended with someone bleeding. "Derek, that was a completely different situation and you know that."

"He threatened to kill our mom," Scott exclaimed. "What was I supposed to do?"

Peter took a step forward before speaking. "You know, Derek, the kid has a point. I mean, have you seen his mom? She is georg-"

"Shut up!" Elise snapped in unison with the other three.

Isaac looked between the two pairs before quietly asking, "Who is he?"

"That," Elise sighed, "is Peter Hale. Derek's uncle and Beacon Hill's resident douchey-Alpha. Well, at least he was before we burned him alive and Derek cut his throat." Peter offered a wave and Isaac nodded as the brunette turned to Derek, adding, "How is he even alive?"

Derek sighed deeply before speaking, "Look, the important thing is that he knows how to stop Jackson. Maybe even save him."

At that Elise fell silent, her eyes dropping to the ground as if she were suddenly very interested in the laces of her boots. "Well, that's very helpful," Isaac said. "Except, Jackson's dead."

"What?" Derek breathed, his eyebrows quirking upward in confusion.

"He died, Derek. On the field right after the game," Elise said. A sullen silence settled over the group for a moment, each person unsure of what to say.