I| "Romeo Romero?"

Start from the beginning

I stare at him, waiting for my slow brain to finally load the image, "Mr Ho-!" I quickly slap a hand over my mouth, it's him!

He smiles and eagerly nods, "You still remember," he stares at me softly, seeming pleased with that.

"I'm more surprised that you actually remember," I say, actually surprised since it's been almost like 4 years.

He shrugs, "I was still new back then so I couldn't really do any major missions except for I don't know, save kittens from trees," he says the last bit with a wink, causing me to blush at the memory, god I was such an idiot.

I bit the inside of my cheek, "yeah, I was very drunk,"

"Yes, very," He laughs, remembering my misfortune.

Who even tries to save a healthy, fully functioning bird from a tree, afraid it's gonna fall, then fail and get stuck up the tree.

This idiot...

"Drunk?" My Dad suddenly appears, snapping his attention back to us

"Drunk on apple juice, are you done?" I ask, trying to change the topic.

Narrowing his eyes at me, "Almost, just need to fill some forms in, why don't you take a seat," he points to the seats in the corner

Taking a seat in the corner, my eyes follow-Wait I never got his name.

I was trying to form a plan in my head on how to get his name when the man himself comes to take a seat beside me, leaning against the wall, whistling.

Okay, be cool..

"So, how come you left the fire department?" I start,

"I guess, got tired of saving kittens from trees," he smiles, winking at my probably blushing face, "just kidding, wanted to do something new,"

Oh, the number of trees I got my self stuck in, in hopes that he'd come to save me...

"In fact, you were the last person I saved from a tree," He says, still smiling. Can he stop, I think I'm going to have heart failure; death by a smile.

"I'm honoured, though I don't remember what really happened," I met him three times, two times drunk and one time sober, that time actually saving a kitten from a tree, which he spent the whole time teasing me.

"Oh I remember, it was an eventful night," he starts chuckling, probably remembering my dumb self.

"Can you tell me?" I ask, since my useless friend was just a drunk as me and couldn't remember, who also happened to be the one to call the fire service, saying that a kitten was stuck up a tree, the only thing I'm grateful for that night,

"Sure-"

"James! Dude, your breaks over, go back so Rick can go on his break," Another guy shouts from afar

James! Yes!

James gets up then looks down at me, "I'll see you around, kitten,"

I awkwardly hold my hand up to wave, not able to utter a word.

Kitten?

"Done," Dad calls, waiting for me at the door

I slowly get up, to follow Dad to the car.

"You not taking your car?" Dad asks, turning around

"Oh yeah-actually I'll come to pick it up tomorrow," I happily hop towards Dads car, with an amazing idea in my head.

"How long are you here this time?" I ask as we enter the car, putting my seatbelt on.

"Only a week duck," He says, starting the engine.

My dad is part of the military, so he hardly comes down to visit and when he does, it's usually for a week or a few days, until he gets called back. I mean I'm not complaining, a few days it better than nothing.

"So how's the bakery doing?" He asks, his eyes on the road,

"It's doing great actually," I smile fondly at the thought of my own bakery and its growth

"That's good, since its holiday season, you should be getting good orders," I happily nod in response, turning the radio on.

. .

Damn it's cold

I walk back and forth between my car, in hopes of seeing mast-James, but it's been 20 minutes and there's no sign of him.

Maybe he's still working

Well duh...

Finally giving up, I unlock my car, getting in and instantly starting the heater.

That's what happened in the past, I saw him once and no matter how hard I tried to see him again, fate was never on my side.

But this time I'm going to make sure to change that and take it upon myself to make this man, my man!

Calm the psycho melody...

With hope and determination, I finally drive home, starting my research and mission: Win over James the masterpiece.

And that's how I pretty much booked myself a visit, to see my long lost uncle, using a random prison ID number.

"So that's Romeo Romero?"

Romeo Romero sound like a nice fella

Then again his in jail...

"Yes, that's correct!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes 100%"

After taking down all my details and informing me about what I could and could not bring, I finally end the call.

. .

Present

I sat down patiently waiting, my eyes always wandering off to James's direction

"Excuse me, sir, you're blocking my view," I calmly ask the big scary looking man to move,

"Actually, did you happen to see Romeo Romero, I really hope he isn't mean or scar-" I hold my hands together, nervously blabbing on.

"I am him."

Gulp