Part 45 (Feelings undefined)

Start from the beginning

The pain was so much visible on his face she could see how he was controlling himself. He was always so weak to express such emotions. Men as we say they too feel a lot of emotions but are less expressive. Though Khushi wanted to soothe his pain somehow at the moment she was not in that condition to do so. She herself was facing the same agony. How could she forget he had distrusted her? They were close yet apart both needed time to heal their wounded hearts. She wanted to hug him soothe him but then she just couldn't build the courage. She felt like she had lost those right to even allow herself to get close to him. He will have to deal with his pain on his on at least for now. But how can she see him in pain either?

"You are so Thankful to her isn't it?" she completed for him.

He plainly nodded.

She tried to divert his mind. If she can't be his healer she can be a diverter she will do whatever she could.

Do you know to cook too? she asked.

Yeah, I was alone in the U.S.A and didn't like much of the food outside so learned myself he replied. Even that day when you were uncon... (He realised what he was going to tell her) Nothing I was just saying that ya I can cook.

No, you were saying something else what about that day?

I actually... umm... Arnav fumbled with words.

And then it hit Khushi suddenly the food that day when she fell unconscious she didn't know who made it. Could it be Arnav?

Hey, Did you cook that dish for me when I was unconscious that day she asked?

Umm, ya was all he could say.

What? Like really? Not bad actually quite impressive. It tasted really good.

Really you loved the food he asked with curiosity.

So, she was kind of successful in diverting his mind.

When did I say I Loved it? It was good I won't deny but...she told him.

Khushi was looking at him he had a smile on his face. She felt better to see him smile. Suddenly he stopped the car. He looked at her she gave him a questioning look he pointed his hand towards something she looks in the direction of his hand. It was an ice cream parlour.

Khushi you love Ice cream right? Let me get you one so Chocolate cone I remember. He was about to get out of the car when she held his hand to stop him.

No, I don't eat now it is very rarely...But if you want for yourself you can bring it she told him.

So you have them with Aarav sometimes he said in a low sad voice.

Yeah but how...

How do I know? I saw your's and Aarav's picture eating Ice cream together. Well, never mind let us go when he was about to drive when she spoke ok let us have one I mean one for you and one for me. Alright?

Ok, he said and quickly got out of the car to get ice creams for them.

Will she ever be able to deny this man? she sighed. He was her weakness and strength. Oh! this love can make a person do anything. He came back after sometime handled her the ice cream both finished it quietly and Arnav started to drive again.

Khushi can I ask you something? Will you answer me he asked her.

Ya but I can say I will answer it depends on your question she said.

You were scared of the dark so I mean you live alone in the flat then how do you manage? I mean at night. he asked.

I had already faced something more dreadful do you really think darkness could affect me? When you .... (she stopped for a moment. For a while she thought to skip it would definitely spoil both of their moods but then wasn't it necessary they need to let go their pain if they won't speak of what they had faced they will keep burring this pain inside which will only hinder their relationship )when you left me abruptly I felt I had nothing to lose nothing to gain how I would be scared of the dark. My whole life had prevailed into darkness. We often say Arnav that life brings us those things first from which we run away. I ran from this feeling "Love" I fell for you to the levels that had no bounds. I ran from aloofness and darkness and see life brought me with a lot of darkness and aloofness.

She had tears in her eyes his condition wasn't better either he could feel her pain. She wiped her tears.

Both had nothing to say at the moment he was driving silently. They reached her flat. Both came out of the car.

Khushi I... he felt the loss of words.

Umm, I ... neither did she knew what to say at the moment.

The stood their silently for a couple of minutes.

Ok, then I will take a leave she said and was started to walk towards her flat but her heel broke down and so she fell down causing her ankle to hurt. Arnav ran towards her and checked for her ankle. She was holding her leg tightly due to the immense pain she felt. He removed her hand to check her ankle.

Jaan let me see please he requested.

No, don't touch it will hurt more she told him.

Khushi if you won't let me see it will give us no solution either please I request you.

Okay with that she closed her eyes tightly. He tried to touch her ankle but as soon as he touched her ankle she screamed in pain. He tried two more times but she was not allowing him to even touch it properly. So without saying anything, he picked her up in his arms. She told him to put him down but he didn't give an ear to her request and carried her to her flat. She opened the door of the flat he was still holding her he entered inside and closed the door with his leg. He took her to her bedroom and lied her down. She about to hold her leg again when he told her in a strict voice.

"Don't move and don't speak anything keep quiet let me see."

She didn't speak anything after that and closed her eyes he slowly touched her ankle examined it closely he held her ankle and said "Khushi it will pain but just for a second please be strong" and twisted her ankle she screamed in pain. "Arnav are you mad it pained so much you are not a doctor" He was looking at her as she kept venting out her anger.

Finished with your talks? Now tell me does it still pain? he asked looking at her.

She moved her leg and there was nothing now as if her pain disappeared. She was shocked she looked at him with her mouth open.

I am not a doctor but a son of a doctor and your ankle had just twisted I twisted it back so nothing to worry. Huh! sometimes you behave like a kid even Aarav is more sensible than you he teased.

What did you say she gave him an accusing look. I said you are a kid and even smaller than Aarav.

She saw a pillow beside her and threw it on Arnav.

He caught the pillow and kept it you know Jaan still reality won't change he again teased her. She got up to hit him he ran outside into the hall. I will tell you what this kid can do and she ran behind him to chase him. She threw the cushions on him but he caught them and showed her his tongue to tease her. Who would say that these two were elders? Finally, she caught his hold and started hitting him on his chest with her fist. He was lost in her. She was blabbering something continuously but he was busy adoring her. Wasn't he searching for this mad Khushi?

Okay, so I end it here. Waiting for your comments and vote. Do tell me how was it?

Thanks for reading

Love you all. Stay healthy and happy.

With love
Luvarshi