"worst case scenario ... they both found out," jay dozed off, thinking about the merciless punishment that her dad and best friend would execute on her for having kept this secret for so long.

at this point, jay felt too shocked to even cry. it was just too much for her to swallow. she stomached her anxiety, rubbed her clammy hands together to remove the clamminess from them, and mentally prepared herself to face emily at lunch (as well as her father at home).

"we need to find a way to work through this, baby," mr. park lowered his voice so that the last word wouldn't be heard by others. "whether or not your dad knows, we need to tell him. i think it's time that we do."

jay stiffly nodded in agreement, sniffling a bit to regain her composure and clearing her clogged throat.

"i think so, too. i'll drop by your class after school once i make sure that the parking lot has emptied. i'll call my mom right now to let her know you're coming over and to pretty much explain this entire tragedy to her. god, mr. park, what if this doesn't work ou–"

the bell interrupted her sentence before she had the chance to finish it.

they released a similar type of groan at the uncalled-for interruption.

as if on cue, both jay and mr. park took a small step forward and instinctively puckered up their rosy lips towards each other in an attempt to connect them.

however, upon realizing that they were not in a private space—that they were heavily surrounded by a thick sea of inquisitive students—they immediately dodged their intended kiss and hurriedly stalked away in opposite directions without glancing back, truly hoping that nobody had witnessed their brief lip proximity.

jay giggled to herself with flushed cheeks, stealthily approaching her fifth-period class with a hand strategically placed over her mouth. imagine what would've happened if you hadn't swerved him, her conscience reprimanded her for being such a brainless mess.

the news of their kiss would've surely gone viral in a matter of seconds.

it wasn't her fault, though. she was so used to bidding him goodbye with a soft peck on the lips that it had seemed like the most normal thing to do right then and there.

she shook off her overwhelming thoughts and walked into fifth-period physics, also known as her most dreaded nightmare. in all honesty, despite totally loathing the subject, jay would undoubtedly choose to be stuck in that hellhole of a classroom than to go outside and confront emily about mr. park.

and though she tried really hard not to show it, jay parker was scared shitless.

~

"listen up, you little nasty. we like mar, okay? she's cool, even though she hasn't squeaked out a single word since we met her. that's honestly fine. i'd choose her over your crusty, wrinkly ass. so, please, do us all a favor and get the fuck out of here, you squirrel-looking idiot," jay timidly arrived at her usual lunch table to find emily shamelessly insulting the crap out of yoongi, not seeming to care if she consequently murdered his pride.

"we've been literally hanging out with you guys for a week straight, and you always complain at first, but then you end up softening up to me by the end of lunch. it's an everyday cycle. you love my company, emz. stop bitching about it because you know you secretly enjoy having me around," yoongi purposely flaunted his gummy smile to tick her off even more, and emily almost jumped right out of her seat to strangle him if it hadn't been for hoseok holding her back.