2- Spotlight

Handsome men do exist.

Now, this handsome man in light blue jacket, white shirt, dark blue jeans and grey fedora is a one decent handsome man.

As handsome as can be.. He's putting both hands in his pockets, walking confidently, smiling at no specific point. Definitely should be a gentleman too.

"Aah, the weather is nice, the streets are nice." talking to himself out loud, he smiled and again, "People are nice.. Aah the feeling is good." he closed his eyes still taking light steps when he heared a young cries, he stopped and opened his eyes looking right and left, but he couldn't find anything, but before he started walking again he heard a heart aching sobbing, he widened his eyes looking around again, as he leaned forward a bit he saw a little girl hiding behind a car. She was shivering and putting her small palms over her mouth trying not to be heard.

He approached her and looked at her, "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you" he said as he offered his hand but she backed away.

"Don't be afraid, it's okay." he smiled at her, trying to get closer with his hand still offered to her, "Can't a fine lady tell if I'm a good guy or not?" he asked but this time she didn't move, she just looked at him, giving him a chance to convince her which he didn't blow. He changed his hand pose and flipped it to shake-hands-mode, "I'm Tao.." he said smiling and she wiped away her tears whispering, "Sara" He smiled at her as she hesitantly unchained her crossed arms off her chest to shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Sara." he said smiling at her and tried to lead the situation by walking a little, maybe breaking some ice in the process, and she followed the lead.

"So, what are you doing all alone?" he asked softly trying to assure her.

"I didn't do anything" she said, "They just left me and went away." her voice cracked feeling unsafe.

"Who did what?" he asked though he started to see the situation.

"My father and my mother, they just woke me up this morning and drove me here, they both got me out of the car and left." Sara cried as she stopped walking.

Tao felt like someone has just poured boiling water all over him, how on earth would parents do such a thing? All of a sudden, out of no where?!

He turned to the girl and asked her, "Can I hold you up, Sara? You're just too little and I'm a bit tall as you can see." he said playfully wanting to cool her off a little.

She looked at him, she felt she can trust him but she can't cross her boundaries.

"Umm, you're still a stranger, you know." she said sounding as logical as can be.

He smiled, "You're a one extraordinary young lady."

"Fine, how about we go grab some ice cream?" he asked and she nodded. They kept walking for about 8 minutes when they found an ice cream booth.

He turned to her once it hit him, "You know what? We need to eat something first and the ice cream comes later. Am I right?" he asked and again she nodded.

They crossed the street to the restraunt on the other side, and once they reached it they sat by the window and he ordered a lot of dishes.

He looked at her, "I need to listen to everything you've got. Can you do that for me?" he gently asked, she looked at him, it took her a moment before she nodds and repeats what she told him earlier, adding, "I knew something was happening since they started fighting every night after they put me to sleep." she looked at her fingers, "I didn't really understand what it was all about, but they seemed a lot angry, it scared me."