13. Lights Out

MADISON

"You know, you could live a thousand lifetimes and not deserve him."
- Suzanne Collins.

TURNS out Kaiden's sweatpants don't fit me, so he gives me a pair of boxers instead. They look like shorts on me, but I catch the mischievous glint in his eye and I know how much he loves it when I wear his clothes. I promised myself no funny business. I won't cheat on Jace, but Kaiden looks so good right now. He's wearing a pair of low riding gray sweatpants that leave little to the imagination. Not that I need to imagine anything, I've seen and felt it all. Not that I can do anything with him anyway, Aunt Flow decided to visit this morning.

"The pizza should be here soon." He tells me, his eyes wandering up my legs. He has no shame.

"Okay." I sigh, taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

"You can sit up here, next to me. I don't bite, not unless you want me to." He pats the spot on the bed next to him. He's leaning against the headboard.

I do feel awkward just sitting on the edge of the bed, so I scoot up and lean back against the headboard. I keep some distance between us.

He hands me the remote. "Here, find something for us to watch. Buy a movie if you want."

I shake my head. "You pick something for us."

He rolls his brown eyes. "Why are you always so complicated?" I know he's only joking.

"Shut up, I'm not complicated."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Bullshit," He huffs. "What about this movie?"

He's picked the movie "Light's Out," which I've never watched before. It looks like a scary movie, which I like.

"Sure." I shrug. Pizza and a scary movie, plus Kaiden. The only thing that would make this night even better is if we had Blaze with us. It would also help if I didn't have a fiancé and I wasn't doing this behind his back.

We end up starting the movie before the pizza gets here. It's nice hanging out with a friend. That's what Kaiden is for now. A friend that I'm in love with.

A knock at the door signals that the pizza is here and I almost jump out of my skin. I had no idea this movie was going to be that scary.

Kaiden returns with two boxes and two Dr. Peppers. Oh, how I love Dr. Pepper, and he knows this. Jace would bite my head off for drinking it along with eating processed food.

"What's the second box?" I ask, opening the first one which turns out to be a supreme pizza with no sausage.

"Take a look for yourself." He slides the box over to me. My stomach grumbles when I see it's BBQ chicken wings with a side of ranch.

"You're going to turn me into a fat ass." I joke.

Kaiden just shrugs. "I like your fat ass, especially in those scrub pants." He winks.

Friends wouldn't say that stuff to each other, but Kaiden and I haven't exactly clarified what this is. I have a fiancé. Kaiden's supposed to just be my friend. I glance over at him, his mouth stuffed with pizza and eyes trained on the TV. He looks so comfortable and at peace, so I don't bother saying anything. I just stuff my mouth along with him. We're just like two peas in a pod.

After we finish our food, I find myself scooting closer to Kaiden as the movie continues to play. He suggests turning the lights off to make the experience more "cinematic," but I refuse. I text Jace and ask him where he's at. I want to be home before he gets there.