Caught

~ Lunch Break ~

Lunch time was my favorite time of the day and I was usually overly excited to eat my lunch, but today, all I felt was great anxiety and worry tingling in my heart.

All I could think was about Jungkook's confession and Jimin's strange statement. 

"I'm not letting you say yes to him Hyerin." 

His words were replaying in my mind like some kind of broken record. 

What did he possibly mean by that?

Why is he so against Jungkook and I being together?

How do I respond to Jungkook's confession?

"Ah, what do I do..." I reluctantly muttered, gloomily taking another bite from my strawberry bread as I let out a deep sigh. 

"Hyerin?" 

Suddenly hearing someone calling my name, I hastily turned around to see Taehyung standing there with a worried expression plastered on his face. 

"Oh, hey Tae." I said as I forced a smile at him, just so he won't be so worried about me and my personal problems. 

"Alright, something's up." He said as he saw right through my fake smile, immediately rushing over to my table as he sat down in front of me. 

"Now tell me." Taehyung demanded as he cutely pouted at me, his elbow on the table with his chin in the palm of his hand. 

"Well... Jungkook sort of confessed to me..." I sheepishly stated as I timidly shifted my gaze away from his. 

"You're sad about that?! You should be so happy!" Taehyung said in utter confusion, not knowing the fact that I happened to develop feelings for Jimin. 

But I couldn't dare to tell him that. 

"B-But the thing is, Jimin doesn't want me to accept Jungkook's confession for some reason." I reluctantly said, hoping Taehyung would help me figure out what Jimin's true intentions were. 

He simply let out a small laugh, slowly shaking his head at what Jimin said to me. 

"Ah, you know Jimin's stupid when it comes to love." He said. 

Yes, I know that very well. 

"Maybe he's just scared that his best friend's going to be taken away." He calmly assured. 

Suddenly, Taehyung leaned in closer to me, curiosity greatly sparkling in his eyes. 

"The real question is, why didn't you say yes to Jungkook?" Taehyung asked, suspiciously raising an eyebrow at me as he grinned.

"B-Because..." I reluctantly muttered, unable to tell him the real reason why.

"Because... you like Jimin?" He asked, as if he was completely reading though my mind.

My eyes widened in surprise, my cheeks immediately flaring up from the fact that he had found out.

H-How did he know?

"O-Of course not! Why would I like that jerk?!" I eagerly denied, trying to cover up my true feelings.

Taehyung just let out a laugh at my nervous reaction, just slowly nodding his head as if he didn't believe a single word I said.

"Whatever you say Hyerin, whatever you say."

"And besides, he has Jiyeon!" I protested, grumpily standing up from my seat as I quickly packed up my lunch.