Confess

"Thanks for the ice cream." I said to Taehyung while taking another lick from my mint chocolate ice cream cone.

"No problem." He replied, just smiling at me while he watched me enjoy my ice cream.

"Uh, can you not stare at me? You're making me uncomfortable." I said, feeling a bit awkward with his intense stare on me.

"S-Sorry." Taehyung shyly said as he quickly looked away, covering his mouth with his large hand as his cheeks tinted a bit.

"So, do you have a boyfriend?" He curiously asked, as if he was attempting to make his next move on me.

But as I was about to answer him, I suddenly heard someone call my name from afar.

"Hyerin!"

It was Jungkook, breathlessly running towards me with a worried expression plastered on his face.

"Jungkookie!" I happily said, waving at him as a genuine smile formed on my face.

"You scared the hell out of me Hyerin. I thought you got kidnapped or something." He said while trying to catch his breathe.

"Sorry, this lifeguard offered to buy me ice cream." I apologized as I explained to him why I wasn't at the pool.

Jungkook shifted his attention to Taehyung, only to gasp in great surprise.

"Tae Tae!" He joyously shouted, opening his arms wide as he attacked Taehyung with a hug.

"K-Kookie?!" Taehyung said in a rather shocked tone, immediately embracing him back.

"Since when did you come back from Busan?!" Jungkook elatedly asked as he pulled apart from him, his eyes filled with utter happiness and joy.

"About a week ago. I needed money so here I am, working as a lifeguard at a waterpark." Taehyung replied as he laughed it off.

"Oh dude, you should totally work at our company!" Jungkook generously offered, referring to our entertainment company.

Oh no.

"Really?!" Taehyung asked in an extremely excited tone.

"Yeah, I'll try talking to my boss for you." Jungkook said, only to cause me to mentally face palm myself.

This couldn't get any worse.

Now I had to deal with a rude asshole, also known as Jimin, and a creepy weirdo named Taehyung.

"Thanks Kookie!" Taehyung joyously said, giving Jungkook another bro hug.

"Oh by the way, can I ask you two a question?" He asked, referring to Jungkook and I.

We simply replied with a nod.

"Are you two dating?"

I froze at Taehyung's sudden question, while Jungkook bursted into sudden laughter.

"Of course not! Hyerin's like a sister to me!"

Ouch.

My heart ached at the fact that I had just gotten sister-zoned.

"So can I have her then?" Taehyung asked Jungkook, as if I was some kind of tradable item.

Jungkook appeared to be taken back by his sudden question because he seemed to be stuck on his words.

"I-I mean, if Hyerin likes you then-"

"N-No I don't! I like you!" I protested, immediately covering my mouth in shock as I realized what I had just said.

Oh god, I'm such an idiot.

Jungkook bursted into laughter yet again at my sudden confession to him.

"Love you too Hyerin." He replied as he teasingly gave me a pinch on my cheek, obviously meaning it as a sibling kind of "love".

Unable to take the great dejection filling up inside of me, I forcefully pushed his hand away from me and ran away.

I eventually reached an area of the waterpark where not much people were around, just so I could calm myself and clear my mind.

I situated myself down on a long pool chair, letting out distressed sigh as a single tear dripped onto my hand.

"I'm such an idiot..." I muttered.

I'm such an idiot for even anticipating that Jungkook would actually like me back.

Of course, I'm just a boring, dull girl.

What did I expect?

I slowly brought my hand up to my face and wiped my hot tears away.

Suddenly, I noticed two large figures surround me on both sides of my chair.

"Awe, why is such a pretty girl crying all by herself?"

I hastily looked up to see a bearded guy, probably in his 30's, looking at me with nothing but lust visible in his eyes.

"Yeah, we can ease your pain if you come with us." The guy to my right said, who reeked with the smell of alcohol coming from his breathe.

Feeling extremely disgusted by these two men, I attempted to stand up from my seat, only to be stopped by a tight grip on my arm by one of them.

"Oh come on, don't be like that baby girl." The bearded guy said to me, forcefully pulling me closer to him.

Although I was scared as actual hell right at this moment, I gathered up my greatest courage and spoke up.

"P-Please stop..."

Suddenly, I felt a strong grip on my other arm forcefully pulling me away from these two obnoxious men.

"Sorry, do you two have a business with my girlfriend?"

I slowly shifted my gaze to the owner of the voice, only to see Jimin standing in front of me as he protected me.

"Psh, you could've told us you had a boyfriend." The bearded guy said as he stood up to leave, motioning his friend to follow after him.

After he made sure they were out of sight, Jimin turned around and faced me with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Are you stupid?! Why the hell would you come to this side of the waterpark alone?!" He angrily scolded me, causing me to flinch in fear.

But I suddenly felt endless tears flowing down my face, feeling extremely relieved at the fact that Jimin had saved me.

I attacked Jimin with a sudden hug, tightly embracing him in my arms as I cried into his white t-shirt.

He was obviously taken back by my sudden action, but he didn't push me away.

Instead, he gently gave me a pat on my head, lightly stroking my hair as he calmed me down.

"Are we going to stay like this for the rest of the day or what?" He suddenly asked, causing me to realize I was hugging my best friend's boyfriend.

I quickly pulled away from him, wiping my tears away as I muttered an sheepish "sorry."

Suddenly, Jimin began to take off his white t-shirt, revealing his muscular upper body.

"W-What are you doing?!" I asked in disbelief, hastily covering my eyes as my cheeks flared.

I suddenly felt a cloth land on my head.

By the smell of his cologne, I knew it was Jimin's.

"Wear that." He ordered, causing me to look at him in utter confusion.

"Why?" I asked as I held his t-shirt in my hand.

"You're gonna be in danger again with your body exposed like that." Jimin said as he shyly swept his hair back, probably because he wasn't very used to showing the caring side of him.

His unusual kindness caused me to blush a little.

Maybe Jimin wasn't such a bad guy after all.

Maybe he hasn't changed at all.