Chapter 8: Know thy enemy part II

(Normal pov)

Hiccup had gathered the other Dragon Riders to show them what he had found.

"Okay, bud, go ahead." He said to Toothless.

Toothless bent down towards the Dragon Eye and casted a low flame in front of it. At once the string symbols and strange writing appeared right in front of them. The other riders just stare at it in amazement.

"Definitely worth getting up for." Fishlegs said in excitement.

"Whoever created this sure knew what they were doing." Asbjorn said.

"Fishlegs, can you make any of it out?" Hiccup asked.

The bulky man approached the symbols and strange writing to study them.

"There are parts of maps and symbols, nothing I've seen before." Fishlegs concludes.

"The writing is similar to what's in the logbook, but we're not able to decipher it." Astrid pointed out.

"What's that?" Asbjorn asked pointing to the symbol in the centre.

The symbol looks like a burning fist.

"Must be some kind of tribal crest or something." Hiccup surmised.

"Ooh, I like that way better than our tribal crest." Tuffnut said.

"Tuff, Berk doesn't have a tribal crest." Hiccup reminded.

"Well, it should." Ruffnut said, causing Tuffnut to smile at his sister."Yeah, and it should be that." Tuffnut pointed toward the flaming fist on the wall.

Fishlegs looks back at Hiccup. "Hiccup, this map, you realise it..."

"Goes beyond the boundaries of the Archipelago." Hiccup said. "Oh, I know."

"And I can tell you something else."Asbjorn sais. "Nobody would go through all this without something to hide."

They all looked at each other not saying a word and then Astrid turned to her husband and asked. "So, what's our next move babe?"

(Unknown location)

After Viggo and Ryker regrouped with their allies, they all boarded the hunter command ship and headed to where Drago's fleet was anchored.

"So, did your chat with Johann reveal anything?" Cutthroat asked as he walked into Viggo's room.

"Very. Surprised that you didn't think of it sooner."

"I'm going to ignore that jab. So, what did he fill you in with?"

"A bit of Hiccup's past—"

"I could have filled you in on that easily."

"I prefer more reliable sources." He glanced up, finding a small amount of amusement in Cutthroat's glare. "As I was saying before I was interrupted, a bit of Hiccup's past— his life back on Berk, his friendship with Queen Mala, and the name of the location of where the he and his friends are."

"I sense a 'but' in this..."

"But he doesn't know where the island is exactly. And I had no reason to question him."

"Can't believe you didn't. I would have at least threatened to cut his beard off."

"See, that's where we differ. You just take pleasure in making people beg for their lives, causing untold suffering to them and their loved ones. When Enyo told me I'd be working with a new partner, I didn't know they clearly lacked self-control."