"You wouldn't be very good bait if we hadn't left a trail for him to follow, now would you?"

"We?" She hadn't considered the possibility that there were others. He smirked, standing up.

"There were several that followed suit when I left. They don't appreciate being told what to do by a wizard either," he replied, a hint of contempt in his voice.

"How do you know he's on his way?"

"He's being followed ... you both have been, since the moment you stepped off the Hogwarts Express." Ellison glanced away. The thought she and Tom had been watched the past three days made her sick to her stomach. Picking up on her uneasiness, he leaned down again, studying her expression intently. Reaching up, he brushed her cheek lightly. She flinched, eliciting a smirk from Marcus. She stole a glance at him. His eyes were filled with something Ellison couldn't place, but knew she didn't like. He leaned in closer, pressing his lips against her neck. "Tell me love, have you ever been with a real man?" he whispered against her ear. Ellison squeezed her eyes shut, wishing desperately for Tom to come barging in as he had that night in the Shrieking Shack. But it didn't look like he would be this time ... at least not soon enough.

"Wh-what happens when he gets here?" she stalled, her voice shaking. She felt him smirk against her neck, his hot breath against her ear as he replied.

"He's going to watch helplessly as I kill you." His words had come out matter-of-factly. No sign of emotion or remorse in them.

"He'll kill you."

"Maybe so ... but killing you will destroy him." Suddenly, a loud bang resounded above them. "Ah ... that would be our guest." He said against her ear. Now was her chance. In one swift motion, she pulled her knee up, thrusting it into his groin. He crumpled to the ground, groaning in pain. Standing up, she grabbed her wand from his back pocket and propelled herself towards the door. A hand grasped her leg, jerking it backwards. Falling forward, Ellison hit the ground hard, her wand rolling across the concrete floor. The hand dug its nails, which were more like claws, into her flesh, and drug them down the length of her leg. She gasped in pain, a loud scream escaping her lips. Marcus released her leg and rolled her onto her back, straddling her. She kicked and flailed underneath him. Grabbing both her wrists, he slammed them above her head, grasping them in one hand. He smirked at her helpless state and leaned down. Brushing the hair away from her neck, he pressed his lips against the warm skin. "We could always get started a little early," He whispered against her ear gruffly. She bucked her hips underneath him, her futile attempts to get free making him chuckle as he ran his tongue down the length of her neck. Ellison stiffened underneath him as his larger than normal canines brushed against her collarbone. He pulled back, flashing the sharp teeth as he gave her a nasty grin. She closed her eyes, readying herself for the pain she was sure would come...

But it didn't.

Suddenly, the body that hovered above her went limp and fell, in a heap, on top of her. She opened her eyes. Marcus, who had been about to attack moments before, lay motionless across her ... dead.  She squirmed frantically from underneath his lifeless body and crawled to where her wand lay. A hand touched her shoulder, and she whirled around, frantically pointing her wand at the person it belonged to. Tom stood over her, his hands raised, a mix of surprise and concern on his face. Ellison lowered her wand, letting out a choked sob of relief.

Tom bent down, grabbing hold of her arms in an effort to help her up. She gasped as pain shot up her leg, and fell, Tom catching her before she hit the floor. Lowering her down gently, Tom looked her up and down, his eyes stopping as they landed on her bloody leg. Following his gaze, she looked in horror at the deep gashes that ran down her calf, blood pouring freely from them. She felt nauseous. Tom's eyes traveled back up to hers'. His demeanor was composed as usual, but there was concern in his eyes.