12. FATIGUED

12| fatigued

"I am tired of wondering whether you feel something for me, or you are just stringing me along."
- Anonymous.

Roxanne and I just finished shopping and already arrived home at my place where we entered through the front door, both of us holding the shopping bags which we mostly bought new shoes for a winning candidate as in her, in which we passed Daddy's office to go to the stairs. Both my best friend and I then ascended the staircase and walked down the hallway until we reached my own bedroom where we set the shopping bags down on the bed and I squealed in joy that we literally shopped in celebration as her prize as she giggles. At the thought of the other candidate, as in Eggsy, I reached my hand out to her which she takes and I pulled her out of the room, down the stairs and into Daddy's office where both Galahad and Eggsy are there, alone, with them turning their attention to us when Roxanne and I showed up.

"Just finished shopping." I sang as Eggsy nods lightly with a tight smile shown on his face. "Well done, Eggsy. What are you men doing?"

"'To pee or not to pee?'" Eggsy reads one headline of one of the newspaper stuck on the wall as he points at it in curiosity at either Daddy and I.

"I swear, these newspapers just got more and more every time I come back here." Roxanne utters quietly as she looks around for new reports.

"That was the headline the day after I defused a dirty bomb in Paris." Daddy explains with me smiling and nodding lightly, proud of him, as always.

"'Germany: 1, England: -5'." Eggsy reads another as I stated the event now.

"Like I care so much, but we missed that game. Daddy was breaking up an undercover spy ring at the Pentagon. Right, Dad?" He stays silent. "Hello, father? I'm talking to you."

"That's right." He nods lightly. "Surprisingly, you remember, Katherine."

Eggsy then looks up at the cut and stuck newspapers on the wall and glances at me before he steps backward a few feet and points up at one of the news that has a shown picture of a married couple kissing each other, instead of reading it aloud this time while Daddy states the event.

"My first mission."

"Foiled the assassination of Margaret Thatcher." I added.

"What, you remember all Harry's rescue missions?" Eggsy scoffs at me.

"Katherine remembers a lot of things." Roxanne pipes in. "There's no contest for her memory, Eggsy, it's the one amazing thing about Kath."

Eggsy then sits on the chair on the corner of the room while I then continued, "Well, you know, the point is, nobody thanked Daddy for any of them. It's like, front page news on all these occasions was celebrity nonsense." I rolled my eyes at the thought as he nods lightly in depth.

"Because it's the nature of Kingsman that our achievements remain secret." Daddy explains. "A gentleman's name should appear in the newspaper only three times: when he's born, when he marries, and when he dies."

"And you two.." I pointed at the two one by one who turned to me at that. "..are first and foremost, gentlemen."

"That's me fucked then." Eggsy says as he leans back in his seat. "It's like Charlie said: I'm just a pleb."

"Charlie told you that?" I asked as Roxanne scoffs.

"Why wouldn't he tell him that? Charlie's a prick."

"Rudeness, Roxanne." I reminded her. "Watch your mouth."

"Sorry." She whispers as I nodded lightly.