Chapter 16

"So," I began, "what have you got planned for day 24?"

"We have six days left," he mumbled to himself.

"Six days," I said to myself quietly. 

Time flies. 

I looked down at Fluffy with a soft smile. He was sleeping on my lap.

"How about..." He mumbled while thinking. "Let's go somewhere!"

"Where?" I asked quietly.

"Well," he said softly. "I'm not sure."

I stared down at the floor silently. 

"We should ask Jin," I suggested. "Since he's wise and all," I giggled. 

"Alright," Jimin agreed. "Bring Fluffy."

-=+=-

Jin stared at Jimin then shifted his attention back to me.

"You want to go somewhere, correct?" Jin asked.

I nodded in response. 

Why does it seem like I'm being interrogated by my mother?

"But you don't know where to go..." he mumbled while stroking Fluffy gently.

I nodded softly.

"Well," he sighed while leaning on the kitchen counter. "You kids can't afford much, can you?"

I glanced up at Jimin before shaking my head. 

Jin let out a long sigh. 

"I guess you could go camping."

Camping?! Bugs!? No thanks!

"That's a great idea!" Jimin exclaimed. "Thank you Jin, please take care of Fluffy."

Before I could speak, I was dragged out the door and pulled away to my certain doom. 

Camping. 

"What are you going?" I asked in an annoyed tone. 

"Taking you camping," he responded, continuing to pull me down the street. 

"Wait!" I yelled, causing him to stop. "I haven't packed anything, you don't have a car and where are we supposed to go camping!?"

"I have clothes, taxis exist and we can just use Google," he explained simply.

I rolled my eyes in response. 

I really don't want to go camping. 

"Plus," he mumbled while kicking a loose pebble on the road, "I like it when you wear my clothes."

-=+=-

"This is as far as I can go," the taxi driver stated while pulling over. 

I mentally groaned while stumbling out of the taxi. 

"Thank you very much, sir," Jimin said with a bright smile while handing him some money. 

"Okay!" Jimin yelled while stepping outside of the taxi. "Are you ready to have some summer fun?!"

I grumpily stared at a mosquito as it flew passed both of us.

"Come on, y/n," he sighed as we began walking into the forest. "Lighten up, I'll make sure you have fun."

I hummed in response. 

This is going to be a long trip...

-=+=-

I stared at the grand lake that was displayed in front of us. 

I can't lie, it looked really pretty.

I watched as Jimin struggled to put our tent up. I had no idea how to put tents up so I figured that if I tried to help, I'd just get in the way. 

I stumbled over to a rock and sat down. 

"There!" Jimin announced with a proud grin. 

My eyes trailed over to Jimin's creation. It looked like the saddest excuse for a tent I had ever seen. 

"Look's good," I mumbled while leaning on my hand. 

"Don't make me come over there!" He grumbled. 

"Fight me," I responded in a monotone voice. 

Jimin sprinted over to me and pulled me into his arms. 

"Put me down!" I giggled while trying to escape his grasp. 

"No!" He yelled while running toward the lake. "I'm going to make you have fun if it's the last thing I do!"

I felt a cool splash of water run up my back.

"Jimin!" I yelled in shock. Suddenly, he let go, dropping me into the lake. "I'm going to murder you!" I yelled while splashing him.

"Fight me!" He yelled while attempting to swim away. 

I successfully caught up to him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders as well as my legs around his waist. 

"Gotcha!" I yelled in triumph. 

Jimin let out a chuckle before standing up. I didn't realise how shallow the water was until he did so. The water only came up to his waist so I had to try my best to hold on. 

"More like I've got you!" He announced with a grin. 

"Well," I mumbled. "This isn't a fair game."

-=+=-

"Why didn't we bring towels?" I asked with regret. 

"I forgot," Jimin mumbled. We were both huddled up next to a fire in soaking wet clothes. The sun was just beginning to set, too. 

"Also," I asked, feeling my stomach rumble. "What's for dinner?" 

"Dinner..?" Jimin asked while looking over at the bag he packed. 

Surely he didn't forget something to eat. 

"Well," he mumbled while pulling a box out of his bag. "I brought cereal."

"Did you bring milk, too?" I asked as he handed me the box. 

"No," he mumbled. 

"Why not?!"

"Milk curdles when you don't put it in a fridge, you know that," he said in defence. 

"So we're going to have this half-eaten box of cereal for dinner?" I asked with a giggle. I couldn't help but think how weird that was. 

"Yes," Jimin stated with a soft smile.

"Well," I mumbled. "It's better than nothing."

A/n: Wow! 1000 reads? Thank you so much! I will continue to work hard and improve my writing for you all. I love every single one of you and once again, thank you. P.s. I will replace this cover with a better one soon.