17

Brendon

I put on a nice suit. I looked myself over in the mirror. Terrible. I looked too pushy. I growled and put on the black teeshirt and ripped jean combo I had been wearing before, then I looked back in the mirror again. I wished in the back of my head that I would somehow magically look like Owen so I could impress that girl, but I could just never fix what I did. I dug myself into this hole, and I now had to dig myself free. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, slowly breathing out as if it was smoke.

A smoke.

That's what I needed right now.

I had put on my black dress shoes before walking out, pulling out a box of cigarettes. I had flicked a lighter, the flame dancing in a mocking manner. Don't do it, it had begged. I ignored it's cries for me to stop and I had rather lit it, and made shapes with the smoke. A smile formed on my face. I could do this. I was still Owen, to an extent, so why was I so very nervous? I shouldn't be. I had Owen's personality, and I had my own good looks. I could manage to impress her for sure.

After a couple moments of smoking, I had dropped the rest of the cigarette to the ground and put it out with my foot. I needed to go to the cafe I promised to meet her at, and I had to be on time. At least I wouldn't look as if I didn't care. I walked inside, and surely enough, she was already there earlier than me. I swallowed nervously and began walking towards her. It was obvious she was looking for Owen to come in, and she got nervous when she saw me walking over. I had stopped a couple steps before her, my tongue tied. Her eyes were wide, and she pulled out her phone.

She called me.