Summary • Cast • Prologue

Adira Grady is a seventeen year old girl who was lucky enough to get a job with her brother Owen on the island of Isla Nublar, infamously known as Jurassic World.

She trains the velociraptors along with Owen as part of their pack, although many believe she's part raptor with her aggressive tendencies and with her ability to have such a trusting bond with them. Some even call her a reptile, since she manages to connect with all the animals on the island better than with her fellow humans.

Sadly, mankind just couldn't stop messing with mother nature. Sending Adira on a dangerous mission with one goal, survive. Surviving becomes a lot harder when she has to take care of two boys, one with serious teenage angst and the other hyperactively high on dinosaur facts.

There's no wonder why she prefers the animals to humans... until they get loose.

  Ø  

Cast

Selena Gomez as Adira Grady

Jurassic World cast as their respective characters

  Ø  

Prologue

"Come on Owen, I'll buy you pizza" Adira tried to persuade as they stood in the airport in Costa Rica. She pushed her long brown hair behind her ears as it kept falling annoyingly in her face. She smoothed down he tank top nervously as she waited for his answer, although she already knew it.

"Sorry Adi, you know I don't want you to go either" he sighed as he brushed his hand through his hair frustrated.

Adira was currently waiting in the airport to go to Michigan to do some exams since she was still underage and needed schooling. She had a private tutor on the island so she could study and keep her job at the same time, but when it came to exams, she needed to be somewhere official and monitored by an examiner as she did her exams. She had to go twice a year, and each time to tried to get out of it.

"I'm needed here! Who's going to play with my baby Enzo?" she pouted while thinking of the raptor she had a strangely strong bond with.

"I'm not arguing with you about this again Adira, you know this was apart of the agreement if you were to stay in the park with me" he told her while using her full name, something he only did when he was in 'dad mode'. Their parents had died in a car crash when Adira was young and while he was away with the Navy. He returned home straight away and built a life as best as he could so he could adopt her. He had gotten the job in Jurassic World a few years back and was given permission to bring her to the island, away from any schools, as long as she studied and did her exams on mainland twice a year.

"I know.. I just hate being away from home" she admitted with a frown. She loved the island a lot more than when she was on mainland, the orphanage she had lived in gave her a bad impression on people, so she tried to steer away from them and instead built a life with the dinosaurs. It was how she got the job of assisting Owen in training the raptors, she was an expert and had a strong bond with them since she knew them from birth and basically spent as much time as she could with them.

"It's alright, it'll just be a week and then you'll be back home with your pack" he teased.

"Our pack, I'm not the only animal around here Alpha" she rolled her eyes. She was used to the teasing for her bond with the killing machines.

"Technically you're the Alpha female, so your attempts to insult me just backfired" he smirked as he pulled her in for a goodbye hug when he heard her flight being announced. "Stay out of trouble and keep your snarky comments to yourself" he told her with a kiss on the top of her head as she wrapped her arms around him.

"I'll do that when you and Claire have that second date" she replied cheekily. She knew Owen couldn't stand Claire's controlling behaviour so she knew he wouldn't be asking her out again anytime soon. Claire wouldn't be asking him either since Owen was way too laid back for her liking. Adira still saw the spark between them and tried as often as she could to either tease or push the subject on him, which he either laughed at or ignored with a roll of his eyes.

"Or you'll do it because you're a good girl who behaves" he added while both rolling his eyes and ignoring her comment.

"I bet Claire's a good girl that behaves" she told him with a wiggle of her eyebrows before realising what it sounded like she had said.

"Oh fuck, ew- no"

AN

I know hyperactively isn't a word, I just felt like it suited Gray's personality *shrugs*

Anyways, this story will probably be only a few chapters since it's a movie and all, but I have ideas to extend it past the movie and do a little AU.. or more of a 'what happens to them after the movie while pretending Jurassic World 2 isn't happening' Which by the way I am so excited for.

Thanks for taking a chance on my story though, means a lot to think someone actually clicked on something I'm working on at... 3:26 a.m. Oops.

I swear I never get ideas until late at night when I'm supposed to be sleeping.

Oh and the whole 'Alpha female' thing. In packs there's the Alpha male and female in which the female is usually in 'kahoots' with the male, but for this story I'm just saying it's a position of the strongest female to lead the pack just like the male.