I played hard, my body growing warm, sweat dripping down the back of my neck. My fingers ached but I pushed through. I'd do this a million times for Sang and still want to continue. I only played now because of her, because when she listened to my music, she listened. She made me feel like I existed instead of just background noise for the rich.

The notes strengthened, thudding inside my chest as I transitioned into the next part, the strength of the song growing now. The notes were put together for just this purpose, to make the person listening to straighten up and take notice, saying this was an important part, this was the start of it all, when we all decided she was ours.

I softened the notes a little but picked up the speed again as my fingers screamed at the speed as the notes intertwined and blended together into what I hoped was something beautiful.

Finally, the ending came and the notes slowed down, but the finish was still strong. The song may have ended but the journey was still going strong. I left the song off with potential and hope.

I sighed and stared at the keys.

"That was fucking brilliant," North said and I jumped, turning to see him standing in the doorway. "Come on, I brought you food before Kota had a fit. I didn't realize your servants weren't making sure you ate."

"I told them to leave me alone."

He nodded. "Well, good thing we don't like listening."

I chuckled and got up, stretching out the kinks in my body. I had been sitting for too long.

"She's going to love it, man," North said.

"I hope."

North clapped me on the back. "She will because you put all your heart into it. You could have just bought her an expensive piece of jewelry or something else just as expensive, but you're doing something that takes heart and time to do. You aren't skimping on her just because it doesn't cause money."

I shrugged. "I'm just used to buying something, ya know."

He nodded. "I know. We all know. We don't ask for anything and yet you're still getting it for us. You know you're more than just you're bank account, right?"

I smiled. "I know."

He nodded. "Good. Now eat."

I chuckled as we went to a room I had turned into a meeting room for when the team came here. North had dropped off a bag of food and by the packaging, I knew it came from Bob's Diner. Uncle's food was always the best. I could always taste the care he took in preparing all his meals for his guests.

North pulled out the food and we split what was in there.

"Did you figure out what you're getting her?" I asked.

He nodded. "We figured out how to make those cappuccino chocolate chip muffins she loves. I'll make a batch of that for her. I also got her a custom made motorcycle helmet with Gabriel's help."

I grinned. "She's going to love it."

North nodded and took a bite out of his burger. We ate in silence for a few moments.

"This is her second Christmas," North said.

I looked over at him. "She's seventeen and this is only her second Christmas. Sometimes we forget how much she didn't get to enjoy her childhood. I mean, look how excited she got to go paintballing last month. She never had a chance to do that."

"And she nearly kicked our butts." I chuckled. She was too quiet for us to find so all she had to do was sneak around and snipe us out. She managed to get four of us out until Luke was able to track her down. She was good.

North chuckled. "I at least got to do that when I lived in Greece. Silas's parents let us do a lot growing up. But Sang? She didn't do much."

"And we're making it up for her," I said.

North nodded. "That we are."

We finished the meal and tossed everything into the bag and North took it to toss out. "I need to head back to the diner to relieve Luke. Make sure you get some rest. Christmas isn't until next week and Sang is far more forgiving than your parents are if you make a mistake."

"Maybe so, but because it's Sang, I want it to be as perfect as possible."

"Just remember, since it's you performing, it's already perfect for her."

I nodded and waved at North before he disappeared out the door to head back out. I smiled, more relaxed now that I had food and a nice talk with North.

I went back to the music room and stared at the piano, remembering the times I sat there with Sang either listening or trying to play. Teaching Sang was my thing with her. My hope was to play this song for her and then teach her slowly to play it. I even designed it to be a two person song if need be with only a couple of adjustments. I wanted to play with Sang.

I sat back down and let my hands run along the cold keys. They called to me. I smiled as I pressed one of them down, loving the soft sound that came out of it.

I only felt like this now because of Sang and I was going to perfect this song because of Sang.

Not because of my parents.

Not for some concert.

Not to impress some rich debutante.

But for Sang. Always for Sang. 

14 Days of Academy ChristmasOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara