-eleven-

"Are you sure you don't want to try it?" I looked over at Jess as he sat by the open window with a joint in between her fingers. 

"I'm upset. I'm not an idiot." I rolled my eyes and looked away. Her intentions were good but she still wasn't aware of my non-smoking habits.

"Listen, Brandon will get over it. He's just an angry guy. It really isn't your fault." She brought the joint back to her lips and I watched the smoke coil from her mouth. She was really the closest thing I had to a friend here.

"I just wish I could make him realize that Harry and I aren't a possiblity anymore. He's married and I've changed." 

"Tell him that." She coughed.

I spun the ring around my finger that I still never went without. 

"You're right." I took off the ring and put it in m drawer next to my bed then slammed it shut. 

My fist met with the dark wooden door that Brandon was hopefully behind. 

"Brandon?" I meakly called out. 

The door knob turned a little and then the door opened. Brandon stood there with dead eyes and a scowl on his face.

"Can I help you?"

"Can I come in?" I smiled slightly hoping to ease his anger. He shrugged and stepped aside so I could come in. 

"Don't you have a roomate?" I questioned noticing for the first time this room had only one bed and all of his stuff. 

"No." Oh. 

"Alright I get that you're mad. I'd be too if I were in your position. But I just need you to hear me out."

"Alright." He sat down in his computer chair and dropped his hands into his lap. 

"I don't love Harry and he doesn't love me. I like you and that's that. He was only there to give us closure. And of course it was hard. When you've loved someone like we once loved eachother telling them that you'll never love them in that way again is hard. But we've both moved on. He has Liz and I have you.. I hope."

"Come here." He stood up and dramatically opened his arms while rolling his eyes. I bit my lip and smiled as I ran into him willingly. He wrapped his arms around me practically suffocating me. His lips touched my head and he sighed.

"So I hope you're okay with this.. I kind of have plans to take my girlfriend out. Is that alright?"

"I'm hoping that would be me." I laughed.

"No I was actually talking about my mother. Fuck, yes Ali I mean you." 

"Oh good. I was worried." 

November

I was finally done shoving all of my belongings in my suitcase when Brandon came in.

"Just came to say bye. Jess and I are leaving now." Brandon lifted me as he sat on the bed with me in his lap. I pressed my lips to his as he rubbed his thumb in circles on the back of my shoulder.

"I'll miss you." I smiled into his lips. We were both heading home for thanksgiving. The only difference being, he had a short drive to New Jersey and I was taking a two hour flight back to South Carolina. 

"I'll miss you too. Be safe, babe." He kissed my forehead and we stood up before tightly hugging eachother again.

I waved to him again before he headed out the door. I had a long week and a half ahead of me in South Carolina. Great.

***

I smiled and nearly screamed when I walked into my bedroom at my dad's house and Luke, Courtney, and Hailey all sat on my bed with extremely cheesey smiles on their faces.

I didn't say a word as I jumped onto the bed and collected them into my arms.

"I missed you guys." 

"We probably missed you more." Luke added as he kissed the side of my head. 

"You won't fucking believe what happened to me." I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair that had slowly started growing back.

"What?" Courtney asked wide-eyed.

I went on to explain my first photography job to them. 

"And when I went to get the pictures like I was told I saw the groom and I lost it. There he was right infront of me." 

"What did you say?" Hailey asked 

"I ran. But he came by my dorm a few nights ago and explained to me what happened after London and  then it was this whole mess with my current boyfrie-"

"boyfriend?" Court asked curiously.

"His name is Brandon." I smiled at the thought of him.

Hailey sighed.

"What?" I shot a look at her.

"You do know somehow you and Harry are going to end up together again." My eyes wandered over to Luke and Courtney and they both nodded.

"You're all insane. I wouldn't not after what he put me through. And besides, he's married and she's beautiful."

"But she isn't you. Harry has some claim on you and we all know Alison and Harry aren't just another couple." Luke added. He learned this first hand. 

They were absolutely right. Harry and I never gave up on one another. What was different this time?

Brandon. That's what was different. I refused to fall back into the pattern of being temporarily happy only to have my heart shattered again by Harry.

I was finally able to say I wasn't that pathetic broken girl anymore. 

A/N: HELLO. It's been a while since I left a proper note so here I am. I know it probably seems like the story is being dragged out and you all probably want Ali and Harry and I don't blame you. I want that too. But I really want to take my time with this because I've already made up my mind with how I want this story to go. And it can't be rushed because that would make it awful and you all deserve a well written story to enjoy. I hope you're all doing well. Don't forget to comment what you think or what you want to happen because I DO listen to peoples' ideas and take them into consideration. And it would be so cool if you voted. I really appreciate how much you all have gotten into the story because I wouldn't be writing it if it weren't for the people that comment and all of that. Love you all.

-Abby

"