-nineteen-

I have no reason not to be with him. As much as I want to tell myself it's a bad idea, I can't because it isn't and I'm sick of running from him.

"Can you drop me off at the resort?" I turned to Luke as we pulled away from the boardwalk where we spent the whole day.

"Absolutely." He smiled and turned left rather than right. Suddenly my hands began to sweat, and my stomach ached. I was nervous. I was nervous because I was throwing myself back into our story. That clearly was not meant to end. But what was I going to do when I got there? I hadn't the slightest clue.

"Here we are." Luke raised his eyebrows at me and smiled slightly.

"Alright get out of my car." He laughed and I undid my seatbelt and ran for the doors. I hadn't been in here for three years and it sent chills up my spine. I thought about Niall and Liam. And Zayn and Louis. I missed them so much. When I got into the elevator it was like an instinct. I remembered what buttons to hit and what door to go to when I got out. As soon as I got there I began to knock on the door. It opened as Harry was walking out.

"Alison, wha-" I cut him off before latching onto his shoulders and pressing my lips to his. He grabbed onto my waist and backed into the room. I shut the door behind me before wrapping my arms around his neck.

"What are you doing?" Harry pulled away brushing my hair out of my face.

"Something I should've done before. I love you so much." He smiled a smile I hadn't seen since god knows when.

"I love you too." He picked me up and pressed his lips to mine again. He carried me towards his bedroom. As soon as we got in he put me down on the bed and layed down next to me.

I twirled his long hair between my fingers before bringing his face back to mine. I smiled against his lips as he began to pull my t-shirt over my head. Once it was off, I tossed it aside as I unbuttoned his shirt and kissed his chest. I sat up and moved closer so I was now on top of him.

I closed my eyes as he placed kisses up my neck. His hands went to my back as he undid my bra and it dropped around my arms. He pulled away and we stared at each other for seconds. Both of us lost in one another.

"You're so beautiful." He kissed my forehead, then my nose and then my lips.

We moved in sync as we were connected. Each breath, each look, it was all the same. It was the way it should be when two people love each other.

+++

We layed in silence after. The only sound being the frequent heavy breathing. I looked as our fingers tangled together.

"You mean the world to me, you know." Harry finally spoke after minutes of quiet.

I turned to him and smiled. I rested my head on his bare, warm chest.

My biggest regret was ever being without him. The only person in this world that could make anywhere feel like home.

I closed my eyes and took in everything that I felt as I fell asleep. I was drifting away when Harry thought I had already been asleep. I heard his words loud and clear.

"I'm going to marry you."