Chapter 14: Childs Play

Start from the beginning

Shrieking, Kylie threw herself back against the wall at the sight of fresh blood, as Jeremy finally fell to the dirty floor with a heavy exhale.

"Fuck that hurts," he shrieked, placing a shaky hand on the open wound. He hissed in pain and recoiled his bloodied hand immediately, a panicked expression taking over his pale features as blood continued to spurt out of his foot.

Kylie turned away in disgust, as blood poured out of what was left of his foot. The ax seemed to have chopped of about two inches off the top of his foot, through his black converse, meaning his toes were gone.

"What the fuck happened!" Jay exclaimed in horror, kneeling by Jeremy to look at his bloody stump.

"That.... that thing! Chopped off my fucking foot!" Jeremy yelled through his clenched teeth, making me flinch at the way his voice cracked. He was trying to hold in the pain it was obvious, although I didn't know why.

Maybe to preserve his manhood?

He closed his eyes and re-opened them, before letting out a big, shaky breath. Staring down at him, I felt a sudden urge to jump into action.

"Kylie, give me your scarf!" I demanded, holding out my hand and glaring at Kylie expectantly. Frantically nodding in understanding, she fumbled to get it off quickly before finally placing it in my awaiting hand. Everyone watched me curiously, waiting for me to do something with the thin piece of fabric.

Crouching in front of Jeremy's slumped figure, I began carefully wrapping the scarf around his foot in an attempt to stop the blood that was still pouring out. It was warm and sticky on my hands, appearing almost slimy as it clung in between my fingers, but I tried to ignore the uncomfortable feeling.

Jeremy hissed lowly in pain again but didn't say anything while I finished up with the makeshift tourniquet, which was good, because he was beginning to look pale from all the blood loss.

"Wow, good thinking Emily," Camilla said thoughtfully, subconsciously scratching at her arm again. Her arm started to bleed a little as her nails racked up and down her bruised skin, and she looked at her arm with confusion.

"Camilla, you have to stop fucking scratching it! It's obviously making it worse," Cameron stated, forcefully putting Camilla's shaky hands by her side.

Camilla didn't say anything in response, she just kind of stood there, frozen. It was a bit creepy the way she just stared straight ahead at nothing, like there was nothing going on inside her head.

"Um.... Camilla? Are.... are you ok?" Collin asked slowly, waving his dirty hand in front of the girl's catatonic face.

Nothing, no reaction.

Collin snapped in front of her thin face too, but still nothing, no response or movement from her whatsoever.

"Great, just what we need," Nick quipped in annoyance, running his calloused hands through his messy blonde hair.

Tristen groaned suddenly, his limp body finally twitching awake after the fall from the vents. I rushed over to help him up off the wooden floor, feeling relief rush over me as my tired eyes scanned over him and found that he appeared to be okay.

"What the fuck," the dark-haired boy grumbled, accepting my help and Nick's help as we pulled him up to his feet. He swayed a little once he stood, but at least he had both of his feet still, unlike Jeremy.

"Now what do we do?" Kylie asked softly from her position on the floor, where she was clutching her knees to her chest and practically rocking herself back and forth.

"I don't think I can walk," Jeremy mumbled with a distant tone, looking absolutely dead as he sat slumped on the splintered floor.

"Well, we can't stay here," Collin said knowingly, opening his mouth to say more, but he was abruptly interrupted.