Chapter 14

Farkle and Melissa sat in Farkle's bedroom finishing up the last of the homework they had received that dreadful first day of there high school careers. Melissa looked up at her sweet boyfriend just staring into space. She closed her book and grabbed Farkle's hand and kissed his lips.

"What was that for my love?" he ask staring lovingly at his girlfriend.

"Your not doing homework. Your upset, speak to me," Melissa said.

Farkle laughed at her childlike actions making him fall deeper in love with her.

"Lucas and Zay didn't go either," Farkle said referencing the fact that the group did not do there homework together at Topanga's like they usually do.

"They couldn't have seriously expected us to come? After the day we had today?" Melissa said laying on the bed flat on her back.

"We are talking about Riley, my love," Farkle said but Melissa knew his thought was not complete.

"You want to go down there and tell them we aren't coming don't you?" Farkle nodded, "And you want me to come with you?" He nodded again. "Well I have to go home in like 10 minutes anyway so what the heck."

Melissa packed up her school work and the couple walked hand in hand down the streets of New York to the quiet like cafe called Topanga's. Melissa waited on the bench outside for Farkle to talk to his friends. She could see what was happening but to far away to hear. When Farkle came out he sat next to his girlfriend and she wrapped her arms around him and he placed his head in her lap.

"Confrontation is not my strong suit," he said.

"I know my love. Do you wish to escort me home before we hawked down my brother," Melissa said hoping to get his mind off the situation at hand.

"It would be an honor," Farkle said lacing his fingers with hers and they walk the city blocks to Melissa's home just like that.