Chapter 10

It took Lucas a moment to realize that he was in his old bedroom as he fell to the floor. He felt a hand being placed on his shoulder. He looked up startled only to find Riley standing over him.

"Sorry Riles, I didn't know you were in in here," Lucas said standing up.

"It's fine, is everything ok?" she asked.

"No, everything is wrong and it's all my fault," Lucas said holding in his tears.

"Lucas, I know it's probably hard coming back here. But tomorrow, when you ride that bull your legacy here will be amazing," she smiled.

Lucas smiled back, "Thanks Riley, you always know what to say."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Next up, Lucas Friar, riding TombStone the bull," the announcer said. Melissa got a pit in her stomach thinking about her brother riding the bull. She looked over at him talking to his friends, she thought about going over there but there conversation looked serious and she didn't want to intrude.

"Don't you worry sugar, he will do great," Papi Jo said putting his arm around his granddaughter.

"I know he will, but that doesn't help me stop worrying about him," Melissa said.

He kissed her head and walked away. She headed over to Lucas and his friends.

"If you do this, I will never talk to you again," Maya said, and walked out of the tent.

"What did I miss," Melissa asked Farkle in a whisper.

"I'll explain it to you later," he said.