15

🌻

🌻

Kellin is gay.
Cursing is gay and I'm gay.

I censored the curses.

🌻

Y/N

"OMG Y/N, you look so gorgeous!" my best friend, Vic, was very delighted and overjoyed. "You look so perfect I can't believe it!" he, or may I say, she jumped up and down. Soon, she grabbed her phone and decided to take a selfie with me. She never stopped taking pictures, and I swear that 90% of her memory is filled with her pictures. 5% are pictures of Frank Iero, 4% are pictures of who she adores, but she never talked about that person ever, and 1% belongs to social media.

Our university doesn't allow homosexuality especially in occations like homecoming... yet. I chose Vic as my homecoming partner because first of all, nobody asked me to be my partner, and secondly, nobody asked Vic either. It was very fortunate of me as we were very close since birth, apparently. "Every guy we know will regret rejecting us!" she squealed.

Soon, it was time to go. Once we reached the place, Vic made sure that we are going to have a grand entance. She placed one of her hands on her hip, and I added the most glamorous highlighters on our faces. Then, the doors opened and we walked, or should I say, fabulously walked on the red carpet while Vic was doing poses. I was sure I heard someone yell "Gay!" but the applause was surely overpowering the area.

Daniel and Victoria still had not stopped clapping. "What the-" Daniel said a word that made Victoria say "Language!" out loud, "- Vic and Y/N, that was marvelous!". Vic flipped her hair, "We know right".

Not long after, the guy I had been crushing on looked at me and smiled. I heard him say "gorgeous" and I swear he was looking at me. Then I felt fingers intertwined with mine. I turned and saw Vic and she was red. This was the most red she has ever been. I felt her heart beat, and it was so fast. She was looking at somebody. I turned again and saw no one. She can't be crushing on Kellin, I swear she cannot, please don't. I will never stand seeing my best friend with my first crush.

She then let go, and went back to talking with everyone. I was still worried that I was barely enjoying the event anymore. Vic noticed, "Anything wrong, dearest?", she asked. I shook my head. "Y/N, please, if you need help or something, just tell me, because that beautiful face is surely frowning." she added. I smiled to show that I was fine. Yes! That was definitely nothing!

The spotlight was soon lighting a girl on a pink dress. "Hey, wanna ditch the program? I heard it's boring." Vic silently whispered in my ear. I was sure that she was sure that it was boring by the look of the speaker's face, so I nod. "Let's do the headache method," she commanded as she lifted my arm to her neck. Desperate were we as we walked towards the two men guarding. "Sir, may we please go outside as my friend's head is aching, she needs fresh air, thank you!" Vic acted worried. The two men were convinced. They both opened the door as Vic mumbled "thank you".

Finally, we were outside. "Ah *****, finally!" Vic yelled loudly. I was still overwhelmed by the feeling that she likes Kellin. "Hey Vic," she turned to look at me, "about the thing that worries me," I was feeling better at the thought that after I tell her, everything will soon be alright, "who were you looking at a while ago?". She smiled, "Alright honey, to be straight forward, it was Kellin, my crush. I had fancied him for a long time now, and oh dear, I tell you, he's hot". I smiled falsely, "oh". It was my worst fear ever. I could feel my mind become heavy and my breathing was harder. "**** Y/N are you alright oh no, are you having a panic attack, oh no!" Vic yelled. Tears started to stream down and my head was aching. I was shaking badly. "Y/N follow my words, inhale, exhale!" she too was panicking. She was cursing as she didn't knew what to do. "Water? Water? Do you need water? I'm getting you water!" she yelled as she ran off to the nearest store to buy me water. I was doing my best to calm down and think that everything will be fine.

Vic was finally back to give me a bottle of water. She opened it as quickly as she could and calmly lend me the bottle. I slowly drank and was close to calming down. "Alright, inhale, exhale" she ordered and I followed, "you go girl, you're getting there, inhale, exhale".

Finally, I was calmed down after what seemed like an eternity. "What made you so tensed, dearest?" she asked. I knew I had to get it off my chest. "Vic, it's just that I like him too, I'm so sorry," I hugged her tightly. "Y/N, it's all right, these are just feelings, these may pass or these may go. He's just hot, that's why we have a crush on him, come on it's not a big deal." she said.

Once the program was done we entered. The music was so loud and everybody was on the floor dancing. Some students were making out and some are annoyed by the students making out. Daniel and Victoria seemed to have disappeared, we only guessed that they might be more than making out at this point.

As I saw Kellin, I felt the same feeling whenever someone sees a dementor in Harry Potter, although, rather than frightened, I was blushing hard. I was already cursing under my breath. He was coming closer, and my face already a violent shade of maroon. He was smiling and it was killing me. Damn, I must have fallen in love with him already.

"May I have this dance?" he said. I suddenly remembered who was beside me, Vic. He could be talking to me or Vic. I waited for him to speak a name. He lifted his hand up and spoke, "Y/N". I turned to see Vic, smiling, probably proudly. I cannot trace a sign if envy or even wrath on her face. "Go on," she said softly. I nodded.

We danced together. The world semmed to have slowed down. The only face I saw was his, nobody else's. I was having the time of my life until-

"Y/N?" he asked. I looked at him, "yes?". I was expecting him finally asking me out. I was too excited.

"May I have your consent to date Vic?" as these words were said, my heart shattered into pieces. The world was once again miserable to me. I felt enraged, I was willing to slap him. Why did he have to dance with me then? It's a **** move.

I turned back and I saw Vic, smiling. She didn't hear our conversation, and she was proud that I danced with a pretty boy. I love my best friend, and I want what's best for her, even if it means to hurt me forever. My decision was for the best.

"You must," I smiled, hiding the fact that deep inside, I was surely hurt. He hugged me tightly, "Thank you so much!". I patted his back, "Take care of him for me, okay?". He let go. "Hurt him, I'll punch your face" I said.

Turned to see my best friend happy. The depression present was swept away. I was glad he was with someone else more deserving.

She jumped, looking at me and was delighted, very delighted.

I left with tears still on my face. I walked home, without anybody on my side. At least, I made someone else happy.