6

//General//

//General//

It was a winter night before Christmas. Of course, the atmosphere was so cold as well as your thoughts.

You held the presents you're supposed to give to your young nieces and nephews. This was the first Christmas you won't be with Kellin. He died from a heart attack. You guessed you will be cold this evening, not to mention, numb.

You walked down a path filled with snow. You knocked on your mum's door and everyone was so joyful seeing you. The children know you as a cheerful and a friendly aunt so they were all excited. They all hugged you in unison. They then noticed the presence of sadness om your face. They all frowned. "What's going on Auntie?" Chloe, the oldest niece, asked. "N-nothing," you stuttered, faking a smile. "Y-y-you know what, l-l-let's just go over there," you said. Oh boy, it is going to be a hard day to pretend you're okay.

//Kellin Quinn//

Everything was dark enough for me to see. Where could I be? It's even warm and cold at the same time. "Hello?!" My voice echoed across the place as if there were corners. Then I saw light nearby. "Kellin," it called me. "Oh, thank God! Help me I'm lost," I explained. Then I noticed a man who looked purer than water, lighter than light itself, and wings spread like a bird. "Welcome to the afterlife," he said. He then checked the grandfther clock that seemed to appear out of nowhere. "It seems like you're not yet done with your mission," he said, smiling politely. "What mission?" I adked. "You're supposed to make this one person happy for Christmas. She's been sad for days and she's about to give up, you need to keep her faith in herself. You were gone and now she's unhappy. Kellin, I am giving you another time to be alive to complete your mission, only that, you are given time to do so. If you fail, most of your consequences will lead to her death amd you'll be sent to the 'below'. Kellin, the time is 11:11 pm and you'll be back in 3am. Your time starts now," he said as he pulled out a lever.

CRASH! I heard as I crashed to a random person's car. As soon as I crashed to the ground, I knew who I was supposed to bring joy to, Y/N. I knew the path I walked to and I knew where I was supposed to head to.

"Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way~" I heard the children sang in front of the neighbouring houses. I remembered the twisted version of this song Y/N made. Her twisted thoughts are like snow on the road.

Then I headed to the garden where Y/N and her "niblings" celebrate their Christmas every year, but after the fun, she stays in a spot away from everybody else. Then I heard laughs just by the distance.

//You//

We packed our stuff, ready to go to the garden my great grandfather built. I remembered decorating it the other day and it cheered me up a little bit.

Then we were all set. We walked the cold path to the garden. My niblings were all laughing. Then we reached the spot.

My wrist watch rang, signaling that it was 11:11. Many believed that if you made a wish at 11:11, it will come true. I closed my eyes, "I wish I can see him again. A second or a minute  will do, I just want to see him again," I opened my eyes.

I felt really warm. I felt somebody else's  presence. He's probably near or what. Maybe a member of a family that's late. I heard a noise from a bush near my favorite spot. "I'll be right back," I said whilst walking to my spot. It's far enough for anyone to see me or disturb me. 

Then it happened. Another imagination of mine. Or is it? Kellin runs to me and hugs me. "I've missed you so much," he cried out. I managed not to mess up this time. "Heh, another one of my imaginations," I pushed him and sighed. "It's real this time," he said, pulling out a hand. I was pretty sure I can't feel him. I touched his hand. No. It couldn't be.

Tears formed on my eyes as they fall down my cheeks. "But you-" I muttered but he hugged me so tight. The same feeling I felt before. The safest arms I could ever be. He kissed my forehead, telling me that he missed me so much. He then pulled away, "Listen, I can only be here until 3 am, so we gotta make the most of it". I nodded without any questions. "I heard that you were crying, didn't you promise me not to?", he said, brushing strands of my hair. "Who wouldn't?", I said. He nodded and giggled.

"I missed your voice, mind if you sing me a song?", I asked. He then pulled out a guitar that randomly appeared out of nowhere. He played a familiar tune. He played Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade.

"Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you
Over again don't make me change my mind"

He sang and tears streamed down ny face. Gosh, that angel sure is really sweet. After that song, he played another song. This one was Iris by Goo Goo Dolls.

"When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am"

What seemed to be angels appeared and played other instruments. We danced the whole night until it was 3. He soon disappeared, but he left me words that I'll keep to my heart, "Never cry again, sweetheart".

I went back to the place where my family was. They all seemed happy and all. "What happened?", I asked, smiling. "We saw what happened there!", Louise said. "So, don't be sad anymore, okay?" Anthony said. The night was so perfect and it could never be anymore perfect than ever.